Food Saver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These are what i'll be going with, can't match that FS site deal (they don't ship here), but from Halford Hide pg 40:

BS-BAGVAK612B 6" X 12" - Package of 100 $28.00 ea.
BS-BAGVAK812B 8" X 12" - Package of 100 $38.00 ea.
BS-BAGVAK812B 10" X 12" - Package of 100 $48.00 ea.

all bags are 12" long ... factory sealed on 3 sides ... the 10" then is 12,000 sq inch for $48 or 0.4 cents/sq inch for pre made foot long bags

each 11" FS roll is 2376 sq inch or 0.37 cents/sq inch at $9/roll, choose your size but have to make make 2 seals per bag, double chance for seal failure

I think those premade are a great deal, they ship to the US but I dunno if it would be worth it in the end.

lantern said:
If you go to the food saver site and order at least 5 rolls and then put in this promo code (b8fc20a) you should get a better deal.

It works out to about 27 bucks and some change for 5 and after tax and shipping its about 38ish. So, that's $7.60 a roll shipped, tax and all.

Thanks for the help! Got 5 rolls @ $6.99 each. As Red Green would say "hang in there, were all in this together" Thanks for the code, saved me some dough.

Pigs

Wal Mart has a knock off bag that is considerably cheaper and work just as well. If you are careful, you can recycle the bags. We actually put the bags on the top shelf of the dishwasher clipped with clothespins to hold them in place. Helps save some money.

Uncle Bubba said:
Wal Mart has a knock off bag that is considerably cheaper and work just as well. If you are careful, you can recycle the bags. We actually put the bags on the top shelf of the dishwasher clipped with clothespins to hold them in place. Helps save some money.
Thanks Bubba, but I never had luck with the wally world bags. They are not worth it. IMHO. I'd rather spend the extra money on the "real deal" Just as your pit. ;)

Pigs

That's exactly why when this food saver goes I'll be going to the Sausage Maker and buying a commercial unit. I've had food saver bags loose their seal after time.

Think I got a good deal on 5 rolls.
Model # Description Status Price QTY Total
T150-00011-002 FoodSaver® 11 Inch Roll
Processing
$5.59
Ordered: 5
$27.95
Subtotal = $27.95
S&H = $8.50
Tax = $3.19
Order Total = $39.64
They are 18 feet long.

Pigs

I'm with you Uncle. I have bought em all and the generic Wally World stuff is just as good as the Food Saver brand..and would nearly bet 5 bucks Foodsaver makes em. They just look and act too similar to have been made by Christian slave laborers in Red China. Now the Black and Decker brand are a joke. I would not buy them unless they was real cheap. I never could afford to buy the individual bags..sniff sniff..I just buy the rolls and make my own bags. That mo thrifty as the Scotsman would say.

bigwheel

Uncle Bubba said:

I know a bohunk who can put a seal on a zippered Glad Bag with a soda straw mo betta than one of them bag sucking moochines. Don't even get started on the cowgirl from Jacksboro who could suck a golf ball up a 1/2" garden hose...and/or all the Chrome off a 2" trailer ball. That was the rumor anyway. I bet she could get a purty tight seal on them Glad bags too.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
I know a bohunk who can put a seal on a zippered Glad Bag with a soda straw mo betta than one of them bag sucking moochines. Don't even get started on the cowgirl from Jacksboro who could suck a golf ball up a 1/2" garden hose...and/or all the Chrome off a 2" trailer ball. That was the rumor anyway. I bet she could get a purty tight seal on them Glad bags too.

bigwheel

Bet Puff does that too! :oops:

Back
Top Bottom