Newby Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to have you aboard sir! It looks like we just missed each other. I was in the Army on active duty from 1976-1982 and in the National Guard from 1982-1997. Welcome to the Band of BBQ Brothers. Couldn't find a better group of guys. It goes without saying but our thoughts and prayers are always with our troops. Best wishes to your friend and all those in the service wherever they may be.

Paymaster said:
Thanks for the welcome,Not in the Military anymore USArmy 1972-1975. No the handle comes from the fact that I am in the HR department here at work and I manage the Payroll among other stuff. I smoked my first slab of ribs this past weekend and they were great except the smokey flavor was a little overwhelming for some at my house. Used seasoned oak and hickory but the slab was never wrapped or covered. It was in the smoke the whole way. I have learned that I might wrap with foil during part of the process and have better results next time. By the way the avatar is a tribute to a friend and co-worker in the 48th Brigade in Iraq right now.

That happened to me to the first time I smoked ribs. Now I use the 3-2-1 method and they turn out great!!

Ooops I almost forgot! Welcome to the forum Paymaster!!
:HAT:

Back
Top Bottom