Oysters are good eats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
I spent a little time in Washington and got hooked on the big pacific oysters available there - especially those from Willipa Bay. A local grocery had Willapoint (Willipa Bay) extra small and Pride Of Virginia selects (the bigger size). Half of the Willapoint's were larger than the selects and when I tried some raw, the Va ones hardly had any taste while the Willapoints were excellent. Dusted them all with flour, then egg wash, then Panko and seasoned with Old Bay, S & P. Pan fried in butter/oil. Great meal, but if you live inland like me and have to buy them in a container - the rest of the story is - try Willapoint.

Had raw oysters in New Orleans a few years back and they were awesome, had same in Buffalo last year and they sucked, had some in Fla a month ago and they were fantastic !

Well I can take em or leave em raw. Now fried up as described I prob trample somebody trying to get to em.

bigwheel

Smart thinnning there Boy. Throw me in a bowl o Gumbo with that Fried Oyster Po Boy and that contain all the necessary food groups. Yum yum.

bigwheel

Unity said:
007bond-jb said:
Watermen up here on the Chesapeake call 'em arsters. They go out on their arster boats and drudge arsters.

--John
(Not sure if there are any wind-powered skipjacks still working or not.)

John there was a special on PBS a year or so ago about a Chesapeake Bay waterman that did it that way on a boat he restored. Still did it all by hand.....

Larry Wolfe said:
John there was a special on PBS a year or so ago about a Chesapeake Bay waterman that did it that way on a boat he restored. Still did it all by hand.....
That's cool. Anybody who ever has the opportunity should take in the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in St. Michaels MD. It's a realy cool place, one where we like to take out-of-town guests.

--John
(In addition, you can get some real good seafood, uh, bayfood while you're on the Bay. :D )

(Being raised on seafood/ Fish) --- oysters? nasty= yuk - oh my god and they stink like $$** oh you guys are terrible......nasty... ;) :shock:

dollarbill said:
(Being raised on seafood/ Fish) --- oysters? nasty= yuk - oh my god and they stink like $$** oh you guys are terrible......nasty... ;) :shock:

I wouldn't like seafood from Colorado either. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom