Pit question - REVISED PRICE RANGE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
See below for revised price range... THANKS
ok guys and gals.. got a question

A friend of mine wants to buy her husband a smoker for his birthday.

from what she says he has a ECB but would like to upgrade to something different.. .possibly a small offset. He cooks for the family & such... nothing too big. He doesn't want a Lowes special. She is looking to spend in the $500 range. Give me some ideas.

Yeah.. I know to recommend the WSM and his new bigger brother.. .but what else do you guys recommend for that price range.

thanks

I agree with what everyone else is sayin'. WSM! I know traeger makes a pellet stove in that range - but I dont know the first thing about them.

(Is there a local guy who makes offsets in VA?)

I agree with Woodman here...don't bother looking at an offset at that range. The only decent thing in that price will be the big WSM...or two regular size WSM's! :D :D :D

Well I have known quite a few folks over the years who sing the praises of the NB Bandera. Would seem a fairly rational choice for somebody who want to play with wood and stay in the specified price range. Had a chum who claimed he could cook 4 or 5 briskets on his..you just got to give them the old teabury shuffle about once and hour..course you get the honor of that chore on a cheap offset..simply swapping them sideways as opposed to up and down. You can also effectively grill on the firebox which is a nice feature in my book. Now I seen many pits which claim to know that trick but not many which can actually do it.

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=c ... 02219-5601

bigwheel

ok... Revised...

She is getting some other family to pitch in... now the price range is up to $1500

now what say you people... give me recommendations.

Thanks!

Gary in VA said:
ok... Revised...

She is getting some other family to pitch in... now the price range is up to $1500

now what say you people... give me recommendations.

Thanks!

I think she needs to look at the Stump's Smoker Baby.
$1375

It is in the price range and is a great little smoker. It has the gravity feed of the other Stump's and it cooks the same, it is just smaller. I can't remember if there are 3 or 4 shelves (I cooked on the prototype, not the production model). Each shelf is 18" X 18". I just looked, and the website says 3. More can be ordered as needed.

http://www.stumpssmokers.com/baby_stump.html

P.M. me for more details and links discussions on the Baby.

BOB

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":1upme9ec]I'll sell my 22 WSM for 1500 bucks.
Shipping is extra.

WOW! You'd do that for me :D We'll be talkin! Sit by your phone and wait for my call![/quote:1upme9ec]
Done deal, check is in the mail. :LOL:

Pigs

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":q4recubf]I'll sell my 22 WSM for 1500 bucks.
Shipping is extra.

WOW! You'd do that for me :D We'll be talkin! Sit by your phone and wait for my call![/quote:q4recubf]

don't even try to negotiate on the shipping.

I've been waiting for a while now.

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Gary in VA":1g1hag0i][quote="Captain Morgan":1g1hag0i]I'll sell my 22 WSM for 1500 bucks.
Shipping is extra.

WOW! You'd do that for me :D We'll be talkin! Sit by your phone and wait for my call![/quote:1g1hag0i]

I've been waiting for a while now.[/quote:1g1hag0i]

I wouldn't even dream of negotiating with such a good up front price.

sit by the phone.... just a few minutes more, I promise!

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":1oqywqts][quote="Gary in VA":1oqywqts][quote="Captain Morgan":1oqywqts]I'll sell my 22 WSM for 1500 bucks.
Shipping is extra.

WOW! You'd do that for me :D We'll be talkin! Sit by your phone and wait for my call![/quote:1oqywqts]

I've been waiting for a while now.[/quote:1oqywqts]

I wouldn't even dream of negotiating with such a good up front price.

sit by the phone.... just a few minutes more, I promise![/quote:1oqywqts]

:idea: Lets all call in bids. Highest one takes it, Stand by Cap I'm dialin now

Back
Top Bottom