How to show degrees when typing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Al

Senior Cook
Hi
Just a quick tid-bit. I see that most folks use the asterisk * or somthing similar to show degrees but the real way is to hold down the "ALT" key and then type 0176 from the number pad on the right side of the keyboard. Make sure the num lock is on.
250°
Al

A tear just came in my eye.

I have been longing to make one of these ° for a long time. Thank's for sharing.

Shame on those who knew it but didn't share it with the rest of the class. :LOL:

This should be changed to a sticky post. (so it stays on top)

Great tip

Cliff H. said:

I have been longing to make one of these ° for a long time. Thank's for sharing.

Shame on those who knew it but didn't share it with the rest of the class. :LOL:

The Joker (Bill Hays) actually showed me a while back how to use it.... there is a whole list of those special functions you can do, pretty neat.

monty3777 said:
on a mac you simply use the option (alt) key and press 0. For example: another day of 1º weather and I'm gonna go friggen nuts.
Yet another reason to own a mac

Totally agree.

Alt 0167 gets me this §

and I knew about the Alt 167, I just thought people used the * because they didn't want to type Alt 167 for a degree sign and used the * out of laziness or just the thought that "everybody knows what it means" type of thing.

Sorry to everyone for assuming. :oops: :oops:

Bruce B said:
Alt 0167 gets me this §

and I knew about the Alt 167, I just thought people used the * because they didn't want to type Alt 167 for a degree sign and used the * out of laziness or just the thought that "everybody knows what it means" type of thing.

Geez Bruce... not all of us are lazy... some of us are just stupid...Geez the nerve!

Cliff H. said:

probably the same people who knew about the tabs on the aluminum foil boxes :LOL:

There's no way that this thread has 12 replies...and for a degree symbol no less... :roll: :roll: :roll: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

°°°°

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Bruce B":exnmxhjn]Alt 0167 gets me this §

Geez Bruce... not all of us are lazy... some of us are just stupid...Geez the nerve![/quote:exnmxhjn]

You being from Virginia I just assumed that. :LOL: :LOL: I apologize Lord, be with the pygmies in New Guinea.

☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○◙♂♀♪♫☼►◄↕‼¶§▬↨↑↓→←∟↔▲▼ :D
1-30

Helen_Paradise said:
monty3777 said:
on a mac you simply use the option (alt) key and press 0. For example: another day of 1º weather and I'm gonna go friggen nuts.
Yet another reason to own a mac

Totally agree.

Helen, if you agree - does that mean that you have agreed to disagree? Or do you agree to a group agreement? What would 30 Helens do? I am so confused... 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom