Kingsford Senior Scientist...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Eric Schuetzler will join me on the radio show February 3, 2009. I will be asking him about the new competition briquets. But if you would like to post a question in this thread for him then I will be sure to include them during the show.

Note: I have no problem asking the tough question...but I am not going to ask any stupid ones...so please assess your submission before posting. :idea:

Well kindly axe him whut year they changed up their forumula for making the thangs and why? I remember the Kingsford Briquetes we got back in the 70's maybe even later was a lot mo betta than the one's they peddle nowadays..denser..longer burning..less ash etc. Also give him a tip to use only Mesquite growed around Corpus or Kingsville to use in making the Mesquite flavored variant. They are apparently now using N. Texas Mesquite which smells like a pile of smoldering dirty jock staps when it burns. See if maybe this new comp stuff..is really just the old stuff reincarnated and re-named with a higher price tag. Thanks.

bigwheel

The ingredient list is already posted. They use any kinda tree which is indeginous to the area plust floor sweepings and anything else they can lay their hands on. Supposedly they bring it down to sure a pure char it dont really matter much cuz you cant tell whut kinda plant material it started out being anyway.

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/charcoal.html

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom