What's cookin' this weekend??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wittdog said:
I’ve got 8 Butts…4 on each rack…totaling 65lbs of Pork in the Big WSM….there is a little more room then the pic shows….using lump and a mix of smokilicous cherry and hickory….

Also the pep has been incubating all night and now its time to bump the temp up to 165* it should be ready in 6-8 hours….

We are also making up a batch of Spicy German Mustard today
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic. ... an+mustard
YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. BOY!
Go for it! :LOL:

Chili tonight, and some brine for a couple of split chix I am doin on the WSM with meat loaf tomorrow. Snowing like hell here today.....

Well the Almond Milk tasted purty good..but way to much manuel labor. Sorta like making hot tamales. Will save the blender for other stuff and buy the Almond Milk at the health food shoppee. Warden bought a bunch of stuff to make smoothies but I hit a bunch of seeds in the blackberry version. I dont like to get seeds in my teeth for some reason. Is this normal?

bigwheel

Griff said:
Helen_Paradise said:
Tri tip, grilled veggies, apple or cherry plank pork tenderloin, and maybe a fattie.

Please tell us more about the planked pork tenderloin. Thanks.

Well, it didn't happen, the PT piece I had was an old one so I over cooked it on purpose minus the plank. Tomorrow I am going to get a fresh one and use the plank.

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":ajrscg9j]Tri tip, grilled veggies, apple or cherry plank pork tenderloin, and maybe a fattie.

That would all be great done on a new Primo Jr. ;) :LOL:[/quote:ajrscg9j]

Yeah no kidding..........some people are just unappreciative... :roll:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Gary in VA":2ngqe6p6][quote="Helen_Paradise":2ngqe6p6]Tri tip, grilled veggies, apple or cherry plank pork tenderloin, and maybe a fattie.

That would all be great done on a new Primo Jr. ;) :LOL:[/quote:2ngqe6p6]

Yeah no kidding..........some people are just unappreciative... :roll:[/quote:2ngqe6p6]

a9mell.jpg

WAAWAAWAA. Beautiful on the Smokey Joe.

BayouChilehead said:
If I can dodge the ran later today I will BBQ some chicken and pork finger with the Reverand Marvins, Mustard BBQ sauce I received from the head master of the site!!

RB I've neverput Mushrooms in Gumbo, but that looks good enough that I'll try next time, got me hungry!!

Don't tell anyone if you do BC :roll:

I never heard of that either,

Its realy considered a stew when add non traditional stuff to a gumbo.
While I'm sure its good it's just not the gumbo that most cauns are familiar
with

I'm cookin a beef stew, using chuck tators n carrots

007bond-jb said:
BayouChilehead said:
If I can dodge the ran later today I will BBQ some chicken and pork finger with the Reverand Marvins, Mustard BBQ sauce I received from the head master of the site!!

RB I've neverput Mushrooms in Gumbo, but that looks good enough that I'll try next time, got me hungry!!

Don't tell anyone if you do BC :roll:

I never heard of that either,

Its realy considered a stew when add non traditional stuff to a gumbo.
While I'm sure its good it's just not the gumbo that most cauns are familiar
with

I'm cookin a beef stew, using chuck tators n carrots

I agree JB, we won't tell him that its not traditional and maybe he won't notice :roll:

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":djj6mqq3][quote="Gary in VA":djj6mqq3][quote="Helen_Paradise":djj6mqq3]Tri tip, grilled veggies, apple or cherry plank pork tenderloin, and maybe a fattie.

That would all be great done on a new Primo Jr. ;) :LOL:[/quote:djj6mqq3]

Yeah no kidding..........some people are just unappreciative... :roll:[/quote:djj6mqq3]

a9mell.jpg

WAAWAAWAA. Beautiful on the Smokey Joe.[/quote:djj6mqq3]

You need a man in your life (he'd clean the grates for you)

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":36t2szx2][quote="Larry Wolfe":36t2szx2][quote="Gary in VA":36t2szx2][quote="Helen_Paradise":36t2szx2]Tri tip, grilled veggies, apple or cherry plank pork tenderloin, and maybe a fattie.

That would all be great done on a new Primo Jr. ;) :LOL:[/quote:36t2szx2]

Yeah no kidding..........some people are just unappreciative... :roll:[/quote:36t2szx2]

a9mell.jpg

WAAWAAWAA. Beautiful on the Smokey Joe.[/quote:36t2szx2]

You need a man in your life (he'd clean the grates for you)[/quote:36t2szx2]

Ya know Larry, I think Helen should buy us both plane tickets to CA so we can fly out there and put that thing together for her or she'll never get it out of the crate!

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":eek:qvct8qn][quote="Helen_Paradise":eek:qvct8qn][quote="Larry Wolfe":eek:qvct8qn][quote="Gary in VA":eek:qvct8qn][quote="Helen_Paradise":eek:qvct8qn]Tri tip, grilled veggies, apple or cherry plank pork tenderloin, and maybe a fattie.

That would all be great done on a new Primo Jr. ;) :LOL:[/quote:eek:qvct8qn]

Yeah no kidding..........some people are just unappreciative... :roll:[/quote:eek:qvct8qn]

a9mell.jpg

WAAWAAWAA. Beautiful on the Smokey Joe.[/quote:eek:qvct8qn]

You need a man in your life (he'd clean the grates for you)[/quote:eek:qvct8qn]

Ya know Larry, I think Helen should buy us both plane tickets to CA so we can fly out there and put that thing together for her or she'll never get it out of the crate![/quote:eek:qvct8qn]
It would be nice to see that cooker in action.
(Helen it's time!) ;)

What you mean I can't put mushrooms in gumbo??? There is a million recipes for gumbo and I'm sure some of them have mushrooms in them. This one did, although I didn't go by a recipe. Wait. I thought that was what gumbo was, a meal made with stuff available to use and on hand at the time???

You would be proud JB. I even made the roux in the oven and added what I needed to thicken and flavor it.

Fungus in Gumbo? Good Lawdy hope Justeen ain't reading this from the Big Fa Do Do in Heaven. Who has the rope and hawg knife?

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom