New Years Traditions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Okay, finally got home for the New Year after working my way right out of 08 and into 09 running calls ALL night (D*&% drunks).

What are your New Years Day traditions?

Ours is a big pot of Hoppin Johns with rice and some sour krout over pork.

IMG_2976.jpg

Beautiful

We are smoking a ham today with potatoes and veggies and some biscuits.

Plus potato salad. Ymmmy

Good job Bill..looks great. Guess that is about the only consistent New Years Day tradition we have which is some form of Black Eyed Peas. Winded up eating about half the Hoppin John last night. Guess we will polish it off today.

bigwheels

I usually go to some bar or party, play music for 5 hours and go home to crash until noon on New Years Day. Then I get up and listen to my wive complain that we never spend time together....... ;)

Work for me... I dont do anything on New Years Eve, so I dont mind getting up New Years day to work..

After work its going to be either a quiet dinner at home with the wife and a few cocktails or over Mom's for a simple dinner and a few cocktails

Woodman said:
I usually go to some bar or party, play music for 5 hours and go home to crash until noon on New Years Day. Then I get up and listen to my wive complain that we never spend time together....... ;)

You should make it a point to spend time with her then she won't want to...like everyone else. :roll:

Dang Woody..you playing my song on this no time together deal. I don't think they realize it hard to go to the bars and chase wild wimmen whilst draggin a wifey along. We is from Mars and they are from Venus ya know? Or vice versa.

bigwheel

Our only traditions are we've given up resolutions cause they rarely make it to 1/31 and we try to eat black eyed peas just in case they do bring luck - just finished them.

I had to work a 12 hour shift last night so I slept all day to do the same again tonight. But I usually have black eyed peas and smothered cabbage with potatoes and ham chunks in it!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom