Ol' faithful.......my WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
I haven't cooked anything Q oriented for a while and was looking forward to my overnight butt cook tonight.
It seems BOTH switches on my Mavericks recievers took a dump.
The Transmitter still works so I went with that.
Put 2 butts on over KF and hickory.
Last time I looked she was locked in at about 225* after an hour and that's the last time I will look.
Winds are kicking up now but I have faith in the ol' girl!
Left the grill light in the house Gary..........man is that sucker bright. :shock:
(You "Old School" guys will like this one! :D )

img_175675_0_bde0d840ab25c30706ac35e6c1e561a7.jpg

img_175675_1_723a13d162164ec0be9f8206559f45ee.jpg

img_175675_2_0d1b31067e7e1098e68545eb60297174.jpg

img_175675_3_9ce013ff5f15981913752c77b205fd07.jpg

The WSM force is strong with this one.

Way to overcome adversity Puff. 8)

Nothing you don't know, but the temp will go down a bit until the meat comes up to temp...it should come back up.

Gary in VA said:
that light is a bright one... I have mine mounted on my primo table.

Whiskey barrel chunks would have been good on that Butt :?
******!! :oops:

Dang can't believe a person could struggle through a cook without them fancy smancy gauges being operational:) Have often wondered whut the kids and young adults of the world would do if they was suddenly deprived of electric calculators..and have to go back to a #2 Pencil and a Big Chief Tablet to do their sums. It would drive em all crazy I suspect. Congrats..looks like a fine cook. Glad you survived without the gauges.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Dang can't believe a person could struggle through a cook without them fancy smancy gauges being operational:) Have often wondered whut the kids and young adults of the world would do if they was suddenly deprived of electric calculators..and have to go back to a #2 Pencil and a Big Chief Tablet to do their sums. It would drive em all crazy I suspect. Congrats..looks like a fine cook. Glad you survived without the gauges.

bigwheel

I guess being deprived of all those electronic devices would be the kind of like going back driving places instead of taking planes or maybe riding horses instead of driving cars!

Looks like your off to a great start Puff! Keep the pictures coming. Maybe you should get a stone and carve it in the stone instead of taking a picture! ;)

bigwheel said:
bigwheel
Thanks and it's not over yet :shock:

Nick Prochilo said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

I guess being deprived of all those electronic devices would be the kind of like going back driving places instead of taking planes or maybe riding horses instead of driving cars!

Looks like your off to a great start Puff! Keep the pictures coming. Maybe you should get a stone and carve it in the stone instead of taking a picture! ;)
You're the mason...... ;)

Well you batting 500 at least. Ain't nobody gonna have to talk me out of not getting onto one of the crazy new fangled aereoplanes. I taught John Madden how to be skerred of em. Only smart thang I ever hear David Letterman say..and I aint a Letterman fan so not sure how I manged to see it...went something like this, "Well I know flying is safer than driving...but at least if your driving and the motor dies you don't drop 30,000 feet." Now that boy is making sense on that one. Only way I can fly is to have a free ticket to somewhere I just have to go on short notice and I have to have consumed 5 gallons of double strength screw drivers and be continually served as the route progresses deeper into a firey death for all. Thats how I got to the country of Purta Rica and back one time. Also learned rum works good on this deal too:) Like the one hobo say to the other as they was kicked back sippin MD 20/20 on the grassy knoll on a warm summer day when the plane flew overhead and they looked up wistfully..."If the Lord had meant man to fly He would have given us tickets."

bigwheel

bigwheel[/quote]

Looks like your off to a great start Puff! Keep the pictures coming. Maybe you should get a stone and carve it in the stone instead of taking a picture! ;)[/quote]

You have come many strides forward Grasshopper.
Scotty is correct, the force is strong with this one.

And that is and that is, indeed, a happy looking Weber family.

Just a slight case..... :shock:
I woke up at 5am to the sound of a tree branch hitting my roof.
Winds are about 40 to 50 mph. The WSM held her own all night.
I gave the coals a stir and added some more and she's riding at about 250*. The little butt is resting and the big one is at 175*.
I'll get some pics later. I have to go check my roof. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom