Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Captain Morgan said:
went last night. I regularly cook steaks better than that.

I was a little disappointed.

I couldn't agree more Jim! I went to the one in Crystal City for our Anniversary one year and we left disappointed and the wallet was lighter.

The best part of RCSH is the fact that they carry Distillers Masterpiece! It is one of the best bourbons you can get your hands on. I priced it out as NO liquor store carries it in their inventory...for a 5th of Distillers Masterpiece it will cost you $250!

The old company I used to work for had their X-Mas party there every year and it was open everything...I would take on 4 or 5 glasses of that liquid gold every year! It was JUST WONDERFUL!!

However, I only ordered the lobster...I knew the steaks would be well over priced and well under my standards! I agree with Gary...We are ALL steak snobs here...LOL!!

tht sucks cap, that place ain't cheap ... but I think you just saved me some money, I was planning on going to see what the fuss was about, so thnxs for the tip

Ya, we tried Topeka's the other night. SUCKED. Service was slow, steak was cold and the sides came in way after the meat did.

Yep, I had the same disappointing experience at Ruth's Chris in Seattle (except I was on an expense account).

I went with ribeye...2 other guys did also....the chicks
got the fillet and they raved about. Women always look
for tender instead of flavor.

I must say the service was excellent, and the steak was
by no means bad...it was good. But it didn't have the grill
flavor that I obviously can't live without now.

I'm no expert, and I could tell a slight difference between the
meat quality of the prime vs. the choice I get at Costco, but
imho, the difference isn't worth the price upgrade.

Gary and I had dinner at a place down here that serves an
excellent steak for about 15 bucks...it's called Angelo's...they
cut your steak to order and it comes to you sizzling like at
Ruths.

We also have an independant place down here called
New York Prime with the same deal as Ruth's and Lugers.
Prime, aged, cooked at 1800 degrees. Costs about 40 bucks
a steak, and everything is a la cart. I haven't been in a couple
of years, but I remember being more impressed with them
than Ruths...could be I'm just more snobbish. Gary wouldn't take
me there.

:cry:

I had a similar experience at morton's steak house. I had the rib eye and was very disappointed with the steak. I emailed them and they sent me a gift card for 100. Went back the second time and it was a little better but not much. I will not go back again.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom