Cajun Power chili & 15 bean soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3l3lFBSy8E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3l3lFBSy8E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

img_173694_0_d117f07d6239912761fe4f4910586d93.jpg

img_173694_1_aeddf7a6ba2f8ad23efef5ed5aea53b0.jpg

img_173694_2_4ce831b36990a4b0f7ac45aa443e828e.jpg

No video of the bean soup, Just follow the recipe on the bag Boy!
img_173694_3_25abcbffa8d10e595a6ed35cfb7db80a.jpg

How much should I buy for a group of 100 men JB? I want to cook some cajun power chili down here since bigwheel won't send me that recipe he said he was going to send. Thanks in advance. I trust you when it come to food.!!! :D

surfinsapo said:
How much should I buy for a group of 100 men JB? I want to cook some cajun power chili down here since bigwheel won't send me that recipe he said he was going to send. Thanks in advance. I trust you when it come to food.!!! :D

The mix I used was th pt size that yeilds 1qt, It cost me $4.00
It made 6 JB style hot dogs. I see at CP site 4 1gal size bottles for $89. that would make 8 gal of chili. I would figure 8oz of base per person with side, salid & bread if your serving by the bowl. One gallon would serve 16 12oz bowls.
(when you add the meat the volume of chili will increase)

SS don't make chili in that cast iron pot Boy! It aint seasoned enough yet.
The inside of the pot needs to be smooth from seasoning build up to protect the iron from acidic foods. That will come with use

007bond-jb said:
surfinsapo said:

The mix I used was th pt size that yeilds 1qt, It cost me $4.00
It made 6 JB style hot dogs. I see at CP site 4 1gal size bottles for $89. that would make 8 gal of chili. I would figure 8oz of base per person with side, salid & bread if your serving by the bowl. One gallon would serve 16 12oz bowls.
(when you add the meat the volume of chili will increase)

SS don't make chili in that cast iron pot Boy! It aint seasoned enough yet.
The inside of the pot needs to be smooth from seasoning build up to protect the iron from acidic foods. That will come with use

I didn't plan on using it Jb since you told me in the past that the tomato base is acidic and would react with the iron. I have other large stock pots that are Stainless and aluminum.. thanks for the advice. I am going to get a few small jars and make some for me and a few other guys for testing.

Back
Top Bottom