Anyone interesed in Treager Smokers real cheap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
The local ACE hardware store has three treagers that they are selling for 1/2 price. They have the Treager Professional for around $500, the Lil Tex grill for $299 and the Texas Grill for around $500. Not exactly sure on the prices but they are close. These are a whole lot cheaper than the Treager Store Outlet.

http://www.traegeroutlet.com/traeger_grills

Well a HARDY congrats to Dan of 3 Eyz BBQ. He just called and purchased the Treager Pro from there. I'll pick it up for him tomorrow and store it for a nominal fee of 1 bottle of 3 eyz rub.

3eyez_GIFb.gif

http://shop.3eyzbbq.com/main.sc;jsessio ... cstrfrnt03

Well now if that fella could just locate a big rabbit farmer to get him some cooking pellets.... :LOL: I think they will do corn also.

bigwheel

I wasn't gonna post this cause for the few days I had my Traeger it worked great. BUT, right in the middle of a Louisiana State Championship it went fffzzzzttt and quit working. I had to stuff chicken and ribs into my other cooker already loaded up with butts and brisket and finish the match. I walked in all 4 catagories and won money. When I got home Sunday I went to the Cabelas where I bought it and rolled it right up to the counter still gunked up and asked for my money back. Not only did they give my money back they added 10% for my trouble.

I know there are a lot of Traegers out there doing a nice job of cooking and keeping people happy with the results. I probably just got a lemon. But one thing is for sure. I will never own another comp pit that solely depends on electricity to complete the contest!

Well, I just picked up Dans Smoker. Dont worry buddy, I'll take good care of her until you pick her up. They still have a Texas Elite for $499 and a Liltex Classic for $299 if anyone is interested.

rkseqe.jpg

Hey Ron..great point about the drawbacks of technology. Now I know a couple of old drinking pals (once since deceased) who each owned a Pink Pig. Well one was visiting the other and they cooked the meat drank a bunch of beer and went to sleep with the lid up on the Pig pellet compartment. Well wouldnt ya know it come a rain and got all them pellets wet so they just decide to shove it in the garage and clean it up later. Wrong move:) Them wet pellets set up like Portland Cement. Had to ship it back to factory to get it chisled outta there by hand. Glad to hear you got some good service from Cabelas. Academy Sports has always treated me extremely fair. Heating element on my Gourmet zonked out on the 2nd cook. Sent the eldest of the male chillins to get it replaced. He handed them the old one and they handed him a new one. Didnt even need to see the receipt. They say if it zonks again bring the whole pit back and they give me a new one. Only thing is it takes me about half day to put one together..lost of nuts and bolts etc. Knock on wood the 2nd element is still goiing strong. The man say they should be good for five or six years :LOL:

bigwheel

ronbeaux50 said:
I wasn't gonna post this cause for the few days I had my Traeger it worked great. BUT, right in the middle of a Louisiana State Championship it went fffzzzzttt and quit working. I had to stuff chicken and ribs into my other cooker already loaded up with butts and brisket and finish the match. I walked in all 4 catagories and won money. When I got home Sunday I went to the Cabelas where I bought it and rolled it right up to the counter still gunked up and asked for my money back. Not only did they give my money back they added 10% for my trouble.

I know there are a lot of Traegers out there doing a nice job of cooking and keeping people happy with the results. I probably just got a lemon. But one thing is for sure. I will never own another comp pit that solely depends on electricity to complete the contest!

I can't wait to get it from Bill. I'll always have 2 comp cookers anyway. You can never be too redundant. So, I'll have some combination of Mutha Chickens hog cooker, a backwoods party, 2 WSM's and the Traegar pro at comps next year. Might throw in a Tallboy for good measure too.

Bill - You can even give it its maiden run if you like! Thanks so much for picking it up :D

Dan - 3EyzBBQ said:
I can't wait to get it from Bill. I'll always have 2 comp cookers anyway. You can never be too redundant. So, I'll have some combination of Mutha Chickens hog cooker, a backwoods party, 2 WSM's and the Traegar pro at comps next year. Might throw in a Tallboy for good measure too.

Bill - You can even give it its maiden run if you like! Thanks so much for picking it up :D

Dude, thats like sleeping with your best friends wife on the morning of the honeymoon. :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom