Bread Maker Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife bought me one a couple years ago when I was expressing an interest in making our own bread. I have a Breadman 2lb loaf brand.

To be honest, it has turned into a "winter" thing for me, and even then not on a regular basis. I'm planning to get back into it more this winter.

If you have counter-top or storage cabinet space problems, there are not too many small one's out there.

Bought one about 5 years ago and put on to much weight. :LOL: Was cooking bread every night with it. Bread is a big weakness of mine.

I started out with a small one pound I guess..Welbilt brand which made excellent bread. Nice n Crunchy all over. Then I dug a two pound Black and Decker outta the K Mart dumpster which we have been using the past twenty years or so. Dont make near as good tasting bread. It sits up near the KA mixer and may get drug down and used every few years or so.

bigwheel

I have a bread man and I like it. It works great. Let us know what you get and make a movie of it bouncing around on the counter. :shock:

Well we have a medium sized layered bottom stew pot which come from the Arkie branch of the clan many moons ago...and it is marked Cuisinart. If that electric contraption is half as good as their stewpots...will venture to say your gonna like it. Now seems like you already said that:)

bigwheel

We use ours quite frequently, as the size of my butt can atest to.

We do tend to bake the bread in the oven though instead of the bread maker, and it turns out much nicer in our opinion.

We used to have a bread maker but used it primarily to mix the bread then baked it in loaf pans in the oven. We now just mix it in the mixer or food processor then bake in the oven. I find a breadmaker to be like a lot of one use kitchen tools - the job can be done by something else that can do many other tasks as well. For what it's worth.

We used to have one, but I have found that I can make better bread using our Kitchenaid stand mixer. With the bread machine it was always hit or miss with the bread machine. A stand mixer gives you more control and you can do a lot more with than just bread.

I was thinking of one for yrs,,But like BIG DUDE said one job tools, but i was thinking the barbie anyone try that I'm think maybe to much smoke flavor,,or am i better off with a bread machine/oven

Back
Top Bottom