Probe Wires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nakedpigbbq

Senior Cook
I bought a Maverick dual probe thermometer a while back, but now I need to replace the wire probes. They lasted for two cookings. Does anyone know the best place to get the replacement probes?

thanks!

chuck

Do what Greg said, if that doesn't work, toss them. When I wash my probes, I take special care not to get water in the area where the wire connects to the probe.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Never heard of the fridge deal. What's up with that? I'll try anything twice, three times if I like it. ;) :LOL:

It works...I once saved a cell phone that dropped in some water that way too. Ever notice when you take butts out of the cryovac and stick them in the fridge they lose the wetness? FRIDGE DRY!!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
My Nu-temp probes go crazy if they get wet or damp. If you dry them out they may be fine. That's why I don't use the damn things! ;) :LOL:

Mine do the exact same thing!

One time I thought I'd give the wires a wipe down with a damp sponge. The next time I used them (the next day) they were giving me crazy temps. I was set to order new wires but figured I'd give them another try a few weeks later. They were fine after that.

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":hqhn60tf]Never heard of the fridge deal. What's up with that? I'll try anything twice, three times if I like it. ;) :LOL:

It works...I once saved a cell phone that dropped in some water that way too. Ever notice when you take butts out of the cryovac and stick them in the fridge they lose the wetness? FRIDGE DRY!![/quote:hqhn60tf]

That's right, that works on most electronics.

If that doesn't work and you determine you need replacement probes, e-mail Chris Finney at bbqcarolina @ gmail dot com . Tell him Rollerboy sent you.

I will give this a try and if it doesn't work, will email your buddy. I really think I just got them too wet trying to clean off the probe end after cooking. Maybe they will work but wouldn't hurt to have a spare set anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom