Poblano Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Monty..couldnt quite figger out how to navigate to the recipe but did see some purty pics. Looks like quite a site. Nice to know your a Pastor so I bees sure and don't cuss around ya any:) Thanks.

bigwheel

(former Lutheran with a scarred up liver to prove it. Now aint claiming the scars come from them exclusively of course:)

wittdog said:
Looks good care to post the recipe

6 poblano chiles
2 T butter
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
5 C Chicken stock
1/2 C heavy cream

saute the onions with the butter; add the garlic; add the chiles (grilled, peeled, seeded, chopped); add stock - bring to boil then simmer 10 mins.

puree in food processor or blender

add cream

you can also add 1 T of lime juice and salt/pepper if you wish. Heat but do not boil once cream is added

Well that looks real good. Got it saved. Thanks for posting it. Already trying to think of some good tweaks:) That's horrible aint it?

bigwheel

Sounds almost like crema de poblano soupa. I didn't know that chile pepper magazine is still around. I used to love to read it and grow various type of peppers. Now I grow wild chile pequins with the help of the Texas state bird.

surfinsapo said:
Sounds almost like crema de poblano soupa. I didn't know that chile pepper magazine is still around. I used to love to read it and grow various type of peppers. Now I grow wild chile pequins with the help of the Texas state bird.

I think that's exactly what this soup is. Chile Pepper is a great magazine - I buy mine at Borders.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom