FeedBack on BackWoods Chubby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgs80

Assistant Cook
I have decided to buy a BackWoods Chubby and i would like to get some first hand info on "how user friendly it is" as well as temp control,burn times and any other info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also in the market for one. I got two good friends that have them for comps and they love them. All they do is start with a chimney full and then fill the box with both the chimney and unlit charcoal. They use sand in the water pan and also purchased the heat diverter. Adjust the vent to about 1/4 on the bottom and it will hold 250 for around 7 hours. One of them cooks all 4 meats in comps by staggering them and the other uses two pits.

At only 110lbs, it will be a nice addition to my old 222 Stumps with only two usable shelves.

Hey Mods, can you please move this to Barbeque? I am interested in a Chubby (if my wife saw me write that, I'm done for) and it would be a shame for this thread to die. :D

Friend of mine has a BackWoods. He has had some problems with the door not shutting right and some problems with the latch. Told him he could drop it off at my place any time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom