Family visit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry D.

Head Chef
My son and daughter-in-law are visiting from NYC, and we had some of the family over today. The menu included pulled pork, baked beans, slaw, macaroni and cheese, satay chicken, and a few other small sides. And beer. Dessert was apple cake, sweet potato pie, and pecan pie.

I put out a selection of sauces including eastern N.C. vinegar style, a great sauce from Rick Pruitt (aka ricksbbq), two varieties of Fork 'n Halo, and Sweet Baby Ray's. Nobody went away hungry.

Oct%2008%20visit-10a.jpg

Oct%2008%20visit-11a.jpg

Oct%2008%20visit-17a.jpg

From the looks of the last pic looks like it was a hit.
What variety of Uncle Al's fare did you set forth?
Looked real good.

Puff said:

I put out the Fire & Brimstone, and Heavenly Hickory. I had bought a 3-pack but had already consumed all the Original Sin myself.

Unity said:
(Which sauce did they use the most of?)

I couldn't say. I was too busy eating, and a couple of the bottles were already partially used before I put them out. (Personally, I had the Fire & Brimstone, and the sauce I got from Rick Pruitt - both were excellent choices.)

Diva Q said:
GReat buffet of food!!!

Bet the family loved it.

Everyone seemed to enjoy it - they carried off nearly all the leftovers, and two bags of pulled pork I hadn't even opened yet. :mrgreen:

Larry D. said:
Puff said:

I put out the Fire & Brimstone, and Heavenly Hickory. I had bought a 3-pack but had already consumed all the Original Sin myself.
The Fire and Brimstone has a kick to it. :shock:
I love the Original Sin.

Looks great Larry. Glad to hear Al got you hooked up with some good sauce. That Sweet Baby Ray's could make a grown man puke. Had a bottle of it in the ice box for two years. Couldn't even get the yet future ex-son in law from PA to eat it. Thats purty sad cuz that boy would normally eat the horns off a billy goat.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom