Get The Frozen Membrame Off Quick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BchrisL

Senior Cook
Got some frozen ribs the you need to get on the cooker for that last minute gathering this afternoon?
img_166729_0_798d6a37d3d0f0ec459b37d78d58453c.jpg

Put some warm water in some ziplock bags and press all the air out and lay them flat on that counter.
img_166729_1_452e80c92300b2f9b4c451d5201895b3.jpg

Place the ribs on top and let them sit for about 20 minutes and the membrame side will be thawed enough to remove the it while keeping the ribs dry and ready to rub. Since they thaw quickly, they don't sit very long at the dangerous temps before they go in the cooker, and they dont have to soak in water and stay dry.

For home eating purposes..large amounts and low manuel labor requirements its also fairly effective to take your razor sharp Forschner 6" curved bone and make a shallow slit between each bone on the brane side. This be as opposing it to be removed entirely. Once you break up the plane the brane will just sorta wither up and get itself out of the way. Old Albertsons butcher pal cuts a bunch of Z's all through the brane just like Zorro. Now that makes em look purty funky once they are cooked. Just looks messy back there.

bigwheel

Well go cook twenty cases and repoat back with results of how the de braining went:) Time you got em all schucked it be time to go home. Now aint never met a person who finds braining spare ribs so easy. Nice to know ya:)

bigwheel

Now I've been known to pack my WSM pretty full but 20 cases just won't happen. So I'll stick to ripping the membranes off just what I have to cook and eat.

bout 2 years ago I was workin for someone who insisted the membrane be taken off the babybacks.... problem was there was 45 cases to do... we got it done, but I certainly twasnt happy bout it.. I got real good, real fast.. :oops: never forget that cold miserable morning as long as I live my forearms tighen up just thinkin bout it

Back
Top Bottom