Daddy's Q Aint The Best Shes Had. :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BchrisL

Senior Cook
img_166723_0_013e79964d7210606ad6c5f54c5c021f.jpg

My daughter Meredith got married to Andy a couple of weeks back. I got to do the father of the bride things, and it was a fine affair. They took off to Tennessee and North Carolina for a week honeymoon. I suggested they make sure to stop in Lexington, North Carolina to sample the Q there. This style of Q is what I base my ideal concept of what Q should taste like. I got this cell phone picture one afternoon with a message raving about the Q they had just eaten in Lexington. :)

Well, a week or so later they were over visiting and I was told "Daddy, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but the barbeque in Lexington was better than yours." I just smiled and chuckled inside. I knew she would like it and the RED coleslaw as well. This girl has smothered everything she has ever eaten with ketchup all her life.

So now I am planning a pilgrimage to Lexington to taste the source of my barbeque ideal. I will let you all know what I find. :cry: ;) :LOL:

Well aint never seen or heard tell of any steeken storebought BBQ which ever been rumored to being as good as mine..let alone being mo betta. I would indeed hang my head in shame on this deal. :( You aint from Texas are ya? :LOL:

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well aint never seen or heard tell of any steeken storebought BBQ which ever been rumored to being as good as mine..let alone being mo betta. I would indeed hang my head in shame on this deal. :( You aint from Texas are ya? :LOL:

bigwheel

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: NO! up here we cook Barbeque....a noun meaning slow cooked PORK over a wood fire. :twisted: :LOL: :D

Well up here covers a lot of territory. Could mean Amarillo or Noo Yawk City. Now if we have happened to have stumbled into NC..which is the birthplace of my not too distant ancestors by the way. They just put a note on the table of the cabin saying...GTT..which all the neighbors who could read knew it meant...Gone To Texas. If it is such a kewl place I wonder why all the smart folks left? Now I do know that them who either stayed or left would not be caught dead without a pig in the parlor...so I knew you was talking yankee style pushed pork. Which I aint never even heard of the stuff till a few years back..but I still outcook them rocket scientists who was too dumb to leave. In other words..I cooked the best pulled pork in the world...guess it the NC genes coming to life is all I know. Did you know yankees are actually pulling dead chickens now? Now is that disgusting or whut?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well up here covers a lot of territory. Could mean Amarillo or Noo Yawk City. Now if we have happened to have stumbled into NC..which is the birthplace of my not too distant ancestors by the way. They just put a note on the table of the cabin saying...GTT..which all the neighbors who could read knew it meant...Gone To Texas. If it is such a kewl place I wonder why all the smart folks left? Now I do know that them who either stayed or left would not be caught dead without a pig in the parlor...so I knew you was talking yankee style pushed pork. Which I aint never even heard of the stuff till a few years back..but I still outcook them rocket scientists who was too dumb to leave. In other words..I cooked the best pulled pork in the world...guess it the NC genes coming to life is all I know. Did you know yankees are actually pulling dead chickens now? Now is that disgusting or whut?

bigwheel

Gorilla's come from NC? :LOL:

I think you getting NC corfused with Darkest Africka. That is where the gorillas hang out.

bigwheel

[/quote] Gorilla's come from NC? :LOL:[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom