1st Baby Back Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tannehill Kid

Head Chef
Have cooked bunches of spare ribs in my life time but never baby backs. Just always thought they were to expensive. Well I broke down and bought a package at Sams and smoked them. Pulled the membrane off and rubbed them down with Klose pork rub. Smoked at 225-240 for
4 1/12 hours and put Sweet Rays mixed with honey on the ribs to finish them off. That BBQ sauce combo was a first for me and was pretty good. Had cowboy beans , homemade macaroni and cheese and deviled eggs. Overall cook went real well and food was real good.

Ribs rubbed down with Klose pork rub

Can't wait to dive into this plate

Remains of my plate

Vador getting a treat

I bet that isn't your last time BBQ ing them. All looks awesome.. I like the JB style plates too...Are those biodegradable? :idea:

surfinsapo said:
I bet that isn't your last time BBQ ing them. All looks awesome.. I like the JB style plates too...Are those biodegradable? :idea:
That is 10-4 on cooking them again. As for the plates those are the Tannehill Kids plates. My night to do the dishes :LOL: :LOL: :shock:

Pork ribs are good eatin' no matter what you choose. Can't explain it, really, but I do spares about 80% of the time.

--John
(I expect the half-the-money price influences me some.)

Looks fantasic! I get those 3 packs all the time.

Molly says all good dogs deserve bones!
img_165697_0_9489f8aaafd5a8dc2a2701d4e7ff2ed3.jpg

I think baby backs are the easist to cook for a beginner. It is hard to ruin them no matter what you do to them.

After I learned to trim spares St. Louis style, I don't think I will ever go back. I just like the ratio of meat to bone on spares. I also think the flavor of the rub and smoke get into the the thinner spares a little more than the baby backs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom