Sealing Asphalt Driveways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I need your opinions. I need to have my asphalt driveway sealed and received an estimate yesterday for $195 and want to jump on it. They clean the driveway, prime any existing oil spills, fill any cracks and apply Star Seal with squeegees by hand. I have not measured my driveway but to give you an idea, it will hold 8 cars total (2 side by side by 4 long). I've checked their references and looked at some of their work on previous jobs.

My questions are does anyone have any experience with the Star Seal products and is that a good price?

I dont have any exp with that seal but i do know thats a reasonable price. We had a couple of quotes this year for our driveway that fits 4 cars and it was $110-$125
so it would be reasonable since yours is twice as long.

I aint never fooled with it. They use a simular product to seal parking lots down here. That stuff stinks for weeks afterward

My mom just had hers done..1 car wide and about 5 or 6 long..I think she paid around $90. Materiels would have cost me more than that..I think you got a good price.

Checked with a bud of mine that does that and uses Star Seal.
Take that price Larry. ;)

oone would think it get charged by the square foot.. how many Sq Ft is your driveway, then work the numbers Do it in Brick.. Nick will come down there and do it for you!!! my mason days are over!!!

Why do I get the feeling this is going to
turn into one of those crazy Wolfe adventures?

What will it be, the guys leave a McDonalds bag
under one of his bushes?

They accidentally seal his car door shut?

His dog become permanently stuck to the driveway?

Captain Morgan said:
Why do I get the feeling this is going to

under one of his bushes?

It's already turning into an adventure Jimmy! You know me and my issues all too well........

I call the company back yesterday and tell him I'd like them to do the work on a Friday. That's just the day that works for me best.......the guy says "we can only do it next Tuesday, you live too far out and we don't normally go out that far". I said then why did you do the estimate? So I said good day and hung up.....

Called another company to get another estimate and should hear back soon. The only difference is this company sprays the sealer vs. squeeging it. I don't know what one is better, any input?? This new company is a much bigger company, not that that matters but they do alot of work in the area.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":tps0plyw]Why do I get the feeling this is going to

under one of his bushes?

It's already turning into an adventure Jimmy! You know me and my issues all too well........

I call the company back yesterday and tell him I'd like them to do the work on a Friday. That's just the day that works for me best.......the guy says "we can only do it next Tuesday, you live too far out and we don't normally go out that far". I said then why did you do the estimate? So I said good day and hung up.....

Called another company to get another estimate and should hear back soon. The only difference is this company sprays the sealer vs. squeeging it. I don't know what one is better, any input?? This new company is a much bigger company, not that that matters but they do alot of work in the area.[/quote:tps0plyw]

Squeeging it will help to push it deeper into any cracks. It also is a thicker product.

Uncle Bubba said:
I'm impressed it's not a gravel drive. :roll: :LOL:

It was until he started dumping all the old, burned grease from his cooking on it. (Doing his part to help reduce our dependence on foreign oil.) ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom