Gulf Coasters part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
IKe looks like he is going to make a run for the La to Fla pan handle next week. JB can't read this yet. :shock: He called me 9-2-08, but I didn't check my voice mail and he said it is a non-union phone, whatever that means. He should be back online soon he said. Has some video of the hurricane and such. Here's the tracking map. It is dynamic so keep watching it..Hows the Virgina & Carolina folk after Hana?

at200809_model.gif

I guess it's our turn down here now...

We have small trees so I hope there aint a long power outage around here.. :shock:
Here's the latest models... :shock:
I live in the path of the yellow & pink forecast.. :roll:
210222W_sm.gif

00zatcfearlyinvest1best.gif

rb-l.jpg

I just serviced the genset, (changed oil & filter, plugs, air filter & set the valves) The trees here aint got many leaves left :D so the wind should pass rite true em. The freezer is stuffed to the brim with food, I got 40lbs of charcoal, 20 lbs of smokin wood & 10 cases of beer. Our water supply is from BR water Co. its rated 5 best in the US & has never shut down. Them smart cajun water well guys have diesel backup on the well pumps.

Gustav wasn't as bad as Betsy from the 60's she was a cat 5+.....

Ride em Cajun Boy's

Re: re: Big Surf

AndyH said:
surfinsapo said:
We are going to get some giant waves no matter what happens...

Yeah, but don't go surfin'......run.

Looks like you're going to get a Cat 4 right down the middle of the plate.

Be safe man, take care!

If you do go surfin WE WANT VIDEOs BOY!!!!! :shock:
And send me any mesquit wood thats blows down :LOL:

Rag said:
You guys are Schitt magnets. :shock: :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

Better than phuckin 6 months of snow :shock: :LOL: ;)

Yall gonna try & tell us that ice & snow heavy trees dont snap & fall :?: .
How bout yer pipes freezing up :?: How bout being snow bound for days :?: Power never shuts down :?: How bout heating for your home :?:
ECT......

At least when the hurricains pass threw its over dude, rake up the leaves, drink beer, life goes on as normal...................

007bond-jb said:
Rag said:

How bout yer pipes freezing up :?: How bout being snow bound for days :?: Power never shuts down :?: How bout heating for your home :?:
ECT......

At least when the hurricains pass threw its over dude, rake up the leaves, drink beer, life goes on as normal...................

Yeah, you got a point there BOY!

I have to call work at 1200 noon on Wednesday and then stay home and help the neighbors board up. I have hurricane shutters and roof so I am ready.. I'm going to eat grits after we loose power.. I am also going to shoot all looters on the spot and drop them off on the steps of city hall..... People are starting to freak out now. You can hear buzz saws for miles... I remember those days...I aint got a generator, but have two coleman stoves and bbq pits galore.. I might go stock up at midnight tonight at the store... I will make a killer video if it come here.. If not. I will be more happy..I know we can't talk about religion here..but please pray for us... ;)

007bond-jb said:
Rag said:

ECT......

We've got the best of everything -- ice and snow in the winter, sweltering humidity in the summer, and the occasional hurricane in the fall.

hurricanedamage03.jpg

--John
(Oh yeah, and roaring tree-pollen allergies in the spring.)

surfinsapo said:
I have to call work at 1200 noon on Wednesday and then stay home and help the neighbors board up. I have hurricane shutters and roof so I am ready.. I'm going to eat grits after we loose power.. I am also going to shoot all looters on the spot and drop them off on the steps of city hall..... People are starting to freak out now. You can hear buzz saws for miles... I remember those days...I aint got a generator, but have two coleman stoves and bbq pits galore.. I might go stock up at midnight tonight at the store... I will make a killer video if it come here.. If not. I will be more happy..I know we can't talk about religion here..but please pray for us... ;)

Pray for the best and plan for the worst. Expect all groceries to be gone, if not all ready, no bottled water, no bread. 2 days later there will be long lines at FEMA 'PODS' handing out water and MRE and blue tarps and ice. DON"T go to get gas at any place announced on the radio. Drive around until you find one with power. The ones from the radio will be a riot waiting to happen. Your better off waiting 4 days to go to a FEMA 'POD' as the line will be very short.

Treat every stop light as a 4 way unless someone tries to get a jump on you then cream them with a 4x4 truck.

SS Fema will pay up to $800 for a genset IF you buy it while your power is OUT.
You should also stock up on ice if you aint got a genset. They sell out quick & your food will spoil without it.

Gas wasn't a problem, You just have be at the stations at dawn

SS we will be thinking about you guys and pray that the storm turns out not so bad. Hang in there Bro. Hunker down. Can't believe you don't have a generator.

Got the last of the canned goods from the grocery store this morning.. People aint leaving yet.. Once the wind picks up they start freaking out.. I don't have much food that can spoil anyway.. I buy food and cook or BBQ it right away.. I'll make a video later once the Mandatory Evacuation goes into effect.. They are taking my Mother-inLaw to San antonio for evacuation. she is in a nursing home.. I love that lady. She never gave up on me when I was dating my wife.. I'm going to go see her now.. Thank yall..

Jim crack corn — I don't care,
Old Massa gone away.

got a generator

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dpy2yeNH0Gw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dpy2yeNH0Gw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sany01255807484ij3.jpg

sany01265835458az2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom