Weber Smokey Mountain...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
1. There is nothing but the WSM. Anything else will lead you to boiled ribs.

2. You need go no further than here. Do like I did, buy it, throw away the manual, and ask questions here. I now make award winning bbq by doing just that.
You can to.

Your at the site that will give you the info. For a backyard cooker, I think it's tops! I'm sure Woody will chime in soon, but just ignore him! (Sorry WoodnoWSM!)

Minion method is the best! Just ask Jim, he's here quite a bit! Ahhh shucks, he never pats himself on the back, but the method works great! Skip the apple juice in the water pan. It's only there to absorb heat, you won't get any flavor from it. Put some apple cider drink mix in your rub for an apple taste. Good luck, I hope you get it for fathers day, that's when I got mine!

The guys is famous for his ribs. That's the first time I've seen his website, but I've read his stuff before. He's pretty dang good.

Gary Wiviott is a Q angel. He is also gaurdian of the SPTSB (Society for the Preservation of True Southern Barbecue) board, AKA the Lineback list, and an all around great guy. If you've got a WSM question, he will have an answer.

Usual disclaimers.

Good Q!

Jack

so Jack, what happened to Lineback? does he ever post anywhere anymore?
Why did he end his list?

The Lexington Collection is the first place I found on the web re: bbq, and I still go back to it.

Back
Top Bottom