Sausage Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
Did 3 batches of sausage, 6lbs of each.

1st batch, Spicy Italian. I used Chipotle Pepper in place of Cayenne. Great heat and smoky taste This called for 3lbs Pork, 2 lbs Chuck, 1lb Pork Fat

2nd Batch was Hot Links.
These had a great smoky, beefy taste. They turned out very good
This called for 4lbs Chuck, 1lb Pork, 1 lb Pork fat

Here's the future sausage maker grinding sausage with 'Pepe'

Next up Brats. The plan was to make 5lbs Brat and 1lb Pineapple Brat. Well we tested the 1lb Pineapple and liked it so much we just did the whole 6lbs Pineapple Brat. Basic brat recipe and I added rum soaked crushed pineapple, brown sugar and Teryaki. Very subtle, lightly sweet sausage. Was surprised, could do some tweaking down the road

Had the smoker fired up for some spares I was smoking so I threw the sausages on there, added some more smoke and let 'er rip for about 1hour

Dang...looks and sound delicious. Think yall done a good job here. Looks like a fine helper you got there too. Wished I was that energetic. Think maybe I am getting old. I druther drink and play compooter than make sausage. Do you think there is any hope for a senor citizen person like me? Thanks.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Dang...looks and sound delicious. Think yall done a good job here. Looks like a fine helper you got there too. Wished I was that energetic. Think maybe I am getting old. I druther drink and play compooter than make sausage. Do you think there is any hope for a senor citizen person like me? Thanks.

bigwheel

I think you've paid your dues BW :D Offering up your advice is good
enough for me 8)

wittdog said:
Looks great...love the helpers..
Thanks Dave, they are a great help....especially with clean up :D

From the title of this post I thought you went to Gregs house to watch the race Sunday!

Good looking sausage Dan!!

Larry Wolfe said:
From the title of this post I thought you went to Gregs house to watch the race Sunday!

Good looking sausage Dan!!
Everyday is "sausage day at Rempe's". :shock:

Man-oman between you and whitdog I'm gettin real hungry and itchin to make some sausage. I gota get off my lazy arss and make some. Looks good and thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom