WSM waterpan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCook

Senior Cook
I remember reading something a while back about using a Brinkman water pan over the stock water pan that comes with the WSM. I cant seem to find that post now. Anyhow, I went out and bought a Brinkman water pan and its too small. It's not wide enough to fit on the brackets in the WSM. Does Brinkman make different size water pans or did I read it wrong?

ok, I just bought 2 of each... I want to make one of them predmont pans or something like that.. :shock:

My NxDr neighbor gave me an ECB electric, but water pan was rotted. I got a crock pot crock, put the 1st grate on top of it. Worked great. Now I've found a Brinkmann SnP offset, so ECB has gone to the next family.
I'm Dave, from Phoenix, a newbie to smoking. My wife hates my new hobbies!

well Dave I can tell you, my wife isn't crazy about my bbq hobby either. Mainly because there's no end in site of the perfect cooker.

The warden dont never nag about outdoor cooking. Keeps her kitchen from getting heated up..smoked up and messed up. I have become an advocate of gas grills. If it give a mo betta flavor to cook a steak over charcoal as opposed to gas..it is out of my range to detect it. Now if somebody want to burn some good S. Texas mesquie to coals and break out the shovel kindly color me in favor.

bigwheel

Rag said:
Get new wives. :roll:

Rag I agree, is it too mush to ask that she get up at 2am, 5am and 8am to check the pit temps on overnight cooks...I DON'T THINK SO! ;)

Valerie (my wife) likes the ECB charcoal pan as a water pan also. I have lost control of the WSM because she likes it so much. Well guess what she is getting for Christmas! :LOL: She can put it together too, does them all the time at the store. :D

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:

Valerie (my wife) likes the ECB charcoal pan as a water pan also. I have lost control of the WSM because she likes it so much. Well guess what she is getting for Christmas! :LOL: She can put it together too, does them all the time at the store. :D

Looks like when Val fills the water pan, she gets the whole street wet. :LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom