SurfinSapolopolous Makes Greek Food..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
My first attempt at making Domades (Stuffed Grape Leaves),Saganaki Shrimps,Pastitsio (Greek Pasta Cassarole) & Horiatiki (Greek Salad)... This meal was awesome and I will keep making it in the future... Greek Food Rocks!!!!
<object width="640" height="483"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1410790&server=www.vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=fc0855&fullscreen=1"> <embed src="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1410790&server=www.vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=fc0855&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="483"></embed></object>
SurfinSapolopolous Makes Greek Food from TeamSurfinSapo on Vimeo.
dsc0046ix8.jpg

dsc0047js1.jpg

dsc0048fl3.jpg

dsc0049pl6.jpg

dsc0050fb2.jpg

dsc0051zz5.jpg

dsc0052kd6.jpg

dsc0054vm9.jpg

dsc0055iy9.jpg

dsc0057mb5.jpg

dsc0058tg7.jpg

dsc0059id5.jpg

I love Greek food and yours looks fantastic. Looks like you brought home some great new skills from the Med. Do you use any ole grape leaves :?: :?:

big dude said:
I love Greek food and yours looks fantastic. Looks like you brought home some great new skills from the Med. Do you use any ole grape leaves :?: :?:
I only saw 2 brands at the store where I shop.. One of the brands was "Sultan"..I bought 2 grape plants for our yard so I am going to pickle fresh ones eventually... The food is way better today than last night... Kind of like good chili... ;)

Sapo, that shrimp thingy is interesting....after some research,
I found that the original recipe call for fresh tomatos...is that
what you used, or a sauce? any pics of the inside of that?

Captain Morgan said:
Sapo, that shrimp thingy is interesting....after some research,
I found that the original recipe call for fresh tomatoes...is that
what you used, or a sauce? any pics of the inside of that?
I used canned pealed tomatoes.. I have never pealed a tomato and not sure how. I posted all the pics I took.. I was exhausted after making all the food. It took around 3 hours in the kitchen none stop.. .. The food rocks, but sure is time consuming.. Do you have broadband to see the video? It shows the sauce mixture.. I ate a bowl of the shrimp soup stuff this morning and it was unbelievable flavor...

Dude, that is simply AWESOME! If you're ever in Va, I'll buy the food, you cook THAT! Wow!

Captain Morgan said:
is the consistency soupy or more like a casserolle?
It is like a seafood soup. It reminds me of some food I had at an Italian place in San Fransisco years ago, but with a cheesy feta flavor mixed in.. Very hard to explain.. You can make it very easily for a few people...

Larry Wolfe said:
Dude, that is simply AWESOME! If you're ever in Va, I'll buy the food, you cook THAT! Wow!
Oh, believe me , if I ever come your way I will definately stop by and cook with you...

Wow :!: That was awesome. Stuff grape leaves remind me of cabbage rolls my mother use to make. I would like to try that shrimp dish. Thanks for taking to time to share all of that.

Ahh The Greek Texan Lives up to his name ;)

Great look meal, I'll have watch the video later...

Back
Top Bottom