6 butts...VIDEO ADDED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greg Rempe said:
Got 2 of the 6 resting...4 more have hit the foil for finishing...I'll be honest...you can't forget about the fire for a second...the minute you do your coal bed goes bye bye...then its a race to get something back to help light the next log.

But everything looks good!
Greg I talked to Dave Klose about that and he gave me a few tips on keeping the fire going and it has saved me alot of stress :( :cry: Give him a call you already know how much he likes to talk :LOL:

Greg Rempe said:
Uh, when you are running a Klose...you don't use a Maverick...you're up tending the fire... :roll: :D

As a Klose owner, I know what you're saying, but I've found (remember I'm a novice) it's runs well with pretty big chunks of wood - maybe 3 times the wrist sized splits often talked about (12"-14" dia log split into 6 pieces x 18" long). This cuts wood feeding way down and still burns clean in mine with the inlet damper at about 50%. It's basically the same size I use in my fireplace.

Captain Morgan said:
ah...learning to cook on a new pit...that's what barbecue is all about.
Tips are great, but nothing beats experience.

Ahhh yeah, I remeber the first time I cooked 6 picnics on my WSM, I slept like a baby that night!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":3r1xxv8q]ah...learning to cook on a new pit...that's what barbecue is all about.
Tips are great, but nothing beats experience.

Ahhh yeah, I remeber the first time I cooked 6 picnics on my WSM, I slept like a baby that night![/quote:3r1xxv8q]Know what you mean about the WSM. The first time I cooked on it sat around with it for a couple of hours and them for got it. Didn't have to baby sit it all day. Stick burner I have to check it every 30-45 minutes.

I just figured since the Klose was free and I had an open concrete pad on the other side of the house...why not grab it up! Besides, the butts were the best I have made so far...so juicy!

Which brings me to my next issue...it seems that during the course of my party SOMEONE over-served me...and I never got anything on video of the finished stuff...I just have the video of somewhere in the 5th hour of the cook or something...

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="370" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/player/401f4d0f/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/401f4d0f/" width="437" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler"></embed></object>

Nick Prochilo said:
Great job Greg, but no finished pictures????? WTF is up with that?
Nick he cooked something and posted it........ :shock:
I think we might owe him a break. :LOL:
It might (won't ) never happen again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom