Cajun Boiled Peanuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ciUAX_3vRDk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ciUAX_3vRDk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

img_158403_0_33837bb9e75b68c11818436d222d234a.jpg

img_158403_1_ed21189afbe577351fee90934da5875c.jpg

img_158403_2_9cad3457dff3dd3682b672d2a933ae39.jpg

img_158403_3_c27fa6a3b7a8a2c453f618517d666b12.jpg

We used to eat boiled peanuts all the time growing up in NC, haven't had them since! Need to put that on the list!

Actually have a couple pounds boiling up right now. We do them on a regular basis round here. You know how us monkeys like peanuts! 8)

Do you let them dry off before eating or just cool off? They look wonderful!!! :D

Looking good JB. I made some last week myself. I do about 10 to 20 lbs a cook and what I don't eat, I freeze in the pots juices in quart or gallon bags. I just thaw em out and start eating. They freeze well.

Make me up a 10 lb recipe for ya style of cooking boiled peanuts JB. You add a lot of extra stuff I do not. I would be interested in a recipe to get me started in your direction.

surfinsapo said:
Do you let them dry off before eating or just cool off? They look wonderful!!! :D

Just eat em drippin with juice & suck the shells too

Damar12 said:
Make me up a 10 lb recipe for ya style of cooking boiled peanuts JB. You add a lot of extra stuff I do not. I would be interested in a recipe to get me started in your direction.

for 2 to 3 lbs of nuts,
1lb of cajun season
1 cup seafood boil mix
1 cup hot sauce
1 lemon
1 large onion
2 to 4 heads garlic
3 bay leaves

****** I forgot add 1 or 2 Jalapenos to the above recipe,

Its a wake you up recipe, Highly addictive too.

Makes a fool out of plain ol salt boiled nuts,

WARNING

DON"T TOUCH YOUR EYES OR OTHER SENSITIVE AREAS WHILE EATIN!!!

007bond-jb said:
****** I forgot add 1 or 2 Jalapenos to the above recipe,

Hey JB, how soft are the peanuts? Per my Docs orders no more nuts thanks to my diverticulitis but if there soft then screw it, they look too damn good. Give a bowl and an ice cold beer and I would be in heaven.

Toby keil said:
[quote="007bond-jb":2bd565yr]****** I forgot add 1 or 2 Jalapenos to the above recipe,

Hey JB, how soft are the peanuts? Per my Docs orders no more nuts thanks to my diverticulitis but if there soft then screw it, they look too damn good. Give a bowl and an ice cold beer and I would be in heaven.
[/quote:2bd565yr]

The longer you boil em the softer they get. Also the ones that the shell is cracked or have a hole in are soft as olives & have more flavor.
You could crack em all before boiling or just simmer em for 24 to 36 hours

I did about 5 pounds of dried peanuts per JB's recipe. It is getting mixed reviews here. I love em. It is like preparing a pot for boiling seafood, but the peanuts are the seafood. I will do it again and thanks for the recipe JB. Seriously, I think they are awesome, peanut shell sucking good. :LOL:

Damar12 said:
I did about 5 pounds of dried peanuts per JB's recipe. It is getting mixed reviews here. I love em. It is like preparing a pot for boiling seafood, but the peanuts are the seafood. I will do it again and thanks for the recipe JB. Seriously, I think they are awesome, peanut shell sucking good. :LOL:

I never realy measure ingediants, I kinda eyeball em so ajust to suit your taste. They should be a bit salty with a good garlic & boil seasoning taste.
I don't like mine too hot but just enough to remind you to keep a beer ready & cold.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom