First Brisket HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Im not sure what the time per pound is for brisket. Can anyone help? Thanks! db

I started it last night at 9pm and its probably about 10 - 12 pounds

your the man stogie....thanks for the help ill go check it now its been runnin a little low. it was real windy last night. thanks again

img_156982_0_2c5eb2e11df46261e23c9c73519164ff.jpg
last night at roughly 9pm
and the 2nd pic is this morning at about 8:15am @ 182 degrees
img_156982_1_0cc378f5fd36359d8a9168048033a682.jpg

Oh my Goochi this is good! I think im gonna do some (frozen) potatoes au gratin bacon and gravy and pulled brisket? mmmmmmm ill let you guys know how it goes. db

192 degrees

img_156991_0_83cb983525ee67dd476b6ca70a27caca.jpg

Should i cut it across the grain of the meat on the flat? Im gonna pull some of it just cuz i can
8)

but i want to slice it too. I really happy with this first one!

Captain Morgan said:
the little girl sure looked excited about that brisket!

Ya Cap and she just seasoned a half rack of ribs! Shes a great cook and eater. Thanks again stogie!

below: Potatoes au gratin with homestyle sausage gravy, bacon and some pulled brisket. Not too bad for a fresh start saturday!

img_156998_0_910bad0eaa5a50930a56cb829309ba17.jpg

Cliff H. said:
Where did you find the shrink wrap that you have around the probe ?

Your little girl is a cutie. ;)

The brisket looks good also.

That shrink wrap is built on to it. Never really thought about leavin that in the smoker till now. I think it must be heat safe because ive left it in the smoker before.

Dollar congrats on your first brisket. Looks like it went well for you. You got some good looking help there. Got 2 briskets I put on at 2 cst time.

Tannehill Kid said:
Dollar congrats on your first brisket. Looks like it went well for you. You got some good looking help there. Got 2 briskets I put on at 2 cst time.

Thanks Tannhill!

I took about 1/4 of it over to my buddy, He's from Tennessee but he dont really give a damn about taste...........he just eats everything in front of him. He's "that guy" And as far as taste so far in my noob carreer i like the pulled pork better. Just my opinion. My ribs are almost done now too i gotta go check them.

Rhiannons Ribs! i just set the thermometer on top of the ribs and i think it melted in to them. To bad shes not here to eat! haahahhahahahaaa

I'll save some! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I think those there are my 2nd rack of ribs ive ever done on the WSM. I took off the membrane on the bone side. It really made a difference!

PS. Are there still thousands of smokin hott girls in Palm Springs area at spring break time? Oh how I miss the spring break crowd there back in the day! :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back
Top Bottom