Beef Short Ribbage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
6 racks of Beef Short Ribs $1.99 a lb (there's a double pack in there). Coated with Wolfe Rub Bold, and a lil Sucklebusters (the cumin added a nice touch).

Smoked over apple, maple, and orange over Steakhouse charcoal.

I put em on at 7am yesterday morning, and took em off at 1pm...which was just right...toothpick went in like butta.

Sauced with with Sweet Baby Rays, cut with honey, WRB, and some Welches Berry Sunsplash concentrate.

The wood gave a awesome smoke ring...almost all the way through! WSM was at ~225 for the whole cook. Served with Bush's beanage (chopped onion, extra bacon (didn't have any left over Q), SBR's n WRB...on the WSM for two hours), and Rice a Roni (sorry JB...non-union I know)

Beef...It's what's for dinner. (Why the hell did the American Beef Counsil replace Sam Elliot with a loser like Matthew McConaughey? OMGWTFBBQ!)

That looks awesome!!!

I have never had much luck with beef ribs. They never seems to turn out decently. That looks just perfect!!!!!

Ya done good Da Q I want some beef ribs now. I'll let ya slide on a count of the smoke ring DQ

took me a long time to try em....all I could find were shiners, (still hard to find any good ones), and I didn't know how to cook em.
Eventually I started trying all kinds and got better at em.
I interviewed Bobby Flay once and asked him what his favorite
kind of bbq was....he said beef ribs.

Took me a while too. First couple of runs I tried to do like spares...but they always ended up with too much fat/gristle still left.

You just gotta let them cook and cook and cook. Go by feel, and watch the bones...they'll tell you how much fat is left in the meat. When they start to go dry, it's about time to check them. ;)

Bobberqer said:
where are you getting beef short ribs at $1.99 a pound??? thats is so cheap!!!!

Price Chopper - Medium size chain of supermarkets in New England, New York, and Pennsylvania, with headquarters in upstate NY 8)

They have no clue on most of the real cuts of meat. I have to edgjumicate the meat guys most of the time....the meat manager in one of the stores knows his stuff...but the rest are just wannabe cadaver carvers.

They were Swift brand, except for the 2 pack...which were a bit larger...those came from the no-name PC packer...whoever that is...but still good product.

Fred Flintstone would be proud of you.. woops I mean JB... Good Job Scotty... ;)

Back
Top Bottom