Beef Burritos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn White

Sous Chef
Beef Burritos
3lb chuck roast
16oz tomatoe sauce
16oz hot tomatoe sauce
12oz tomatoe paste
1 envelope taco seasoning
2-3 cloves garlic crushed
1 tsp ground cumin

Combine all ingrediants except roast, mix well, set aside. Sear all sides of roast in roast pan over high heat with some bacon grease. Remove from heat. Pour tomatoe mixture over roast.

Bake roast in covered roaster used to sear the roast at 250ºF for 6 - 8 hours or until shredable. Remove roast, skim fat off sauce. Shred roast removing anything that you don't want to eat. Return to sauce and mix it in.

Serve burrito filling in flour tortillas with your favourite burrito fixings, cheese, veggies, sour cream, hot peppers etc. A nice way to heat the tortilla up is in a large fry pan over medium heat, one at a time about 20 seconds per side. Use your fingers to keep it moving around, flip it and do the other side as well.

Suggest also Fresh Salsa and Fresh Guacamole.

Hope your chucks come out great for ya Nick. I'm sure you will enjoy these burritos, I don't always do them but what a treat over ground beef.

I started doing these burritos before I had my WSM. Now I'm thinking it might be great to try this recipe in an uncovered casserole dish in the WSM with hickory or mesquite to add some smoke. If the tomatoe stuff gets too dry by the end just add a little salsa or something.

I tried this on the smoker and the burritos were awesome.

4 lb boneless blade roast
2 28oz cans diced tomatoes, run through blender
1/2 bottle Herdez Salsa Verde
4 whole garlic cloves crushed
1/2 C dehyd minced onion
1/2 C fresh cilantro leaves chopped
1 tsp salt
coarse black pepper

sear all sides of roast in bacon grease on stove
mix up remaining ingrediants, dump over roast in enamelled steel roaster

Cook uncovered in smoker at 225 for 8 hours, finish uncovered in 275F oven. *in my case it was 11 hours in smoker then 3 hours in the oven.

baste or flip roast periodically to prevent the exposed part from drying out

its done when the tomatoe stuff is nice and thick

remove roast, shred, skim fat off tomatoe mixture

mix shredded meat in with tomatoe stuff

serve in warm tortillas with your favorite fixins

Back
Top Bottom