I'm A Jerk Idiot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
More drama in my BBQ world. This woman calls me 3 months ago and wants a whole hog June 7th. I say Ok, how many people? She said " I don't know " so I tell her to call me back NO LATER THAN May 23rd. I called her 12th and 13th of May and left a message. No call back. Sure enough, I get a call today. "umm it's a little to late now" I tell her. She calls me a idiot jerk. I tell her "so it's my fault you didn't call me back?" She went nuts, I let her go and when she was done I just said " I'm sorry, I don't want your business, Please don't call me again, have a nice day." Stupid people. The other thing that kills me is she didn't want to send me a deposit! So I took the next gig in line. Think I dodged a bullet on this one. ;) :LOL:

Captain Morgan said:
should have told her you'd do it, but called up the night before
and said, "sorry, something came up"

beyatch.
Got that right. I thought about that, but that would be the "old pigs" coming out. I was thinking about 2:30-3:00 am on that deal. :LOL: Rich people think they can get what ever, when ever. That's not how I roll! My business. My rules! :D I'll never look back on that rule. I thought something was funny when I asked for a lousy $50.00 deposit, and was denied. I should have just said. "no deposit, no pig" You would think after all the years, I'd learn. But Nooooo. :LOL: You all know who you can trust, and who ya can't. ;) I'm still learning. :LOL:

Yeah! I had one woman commit to a job about 5 weeks ago, I went over to her house Monday to survey the sight and figure out the logistics. As soon as I get there, she says "Our budget is pretty tight and we want a cost for you to do just the meat." I proceed to tell her that I don't work that way (I can tell she is wanting to back out.) I gave this woman prices and options over a month ago, and she is just now getting around to considering this stuff three weeks before her party. I finally relented and quoted her $12/person for meat only (I charge $16/person for bread and two sides). She said she was going to "put pencil to paper" and get back to me right away. That was now two days ago. If she cancels, I am going to chew her out. To top it off, I call another hag who had committed to a date two weeks ago which caused me to have to cancel two gigs with my band over a weekend, making them all really pissed at me. I asked her if it was OK for me to come over and survey her sight and she says "uh, we decided to go with another option." The best I could muster was "well, it would have been nice if you would have let me know....thank you, goodbye!!" New policy. I want to work with these idiots, but from now on, to hold a date, it will be an immediate, non-refundable $200 deposit. Apparently, people are just afraid to call back and tell me that they have chosen something else. It shouldn't surprise me because it would require common courtesy. Something which 80% of all people lack. WM

When she calls back, tell her that since she didn't call, you booked the date with someone else...even if you didn't...then call her a c_ _ t.

Woodman, how about applying some closing skills... tell them to either give you a yes NOW and a deposit check or they're off the schedule...add a little urgency to your pitch, which seems to be lake luster...hags or not, your poor sales skills aren't helping you in the least...SHAME ON YOU!

PS, in a totally unrelated note, I ran across Bubba yesterday in Middlefield, Ohio...a complete coinsidence...small world...so beware, anyone could run in to me if you're so lucky! 8)

Greg Rempe said:
Woodman, how about applying some closing skills... tell them to either give you a yes NOW and a deposit check or they're off the schedule...add a little urgency to your pitch, which seems to be lake luster...hags or not, your poor sales skills aren't helping you in the least...SHAME ON YOU!

PS, in a totally unrelated note, I ran across Bubba yesterday in Middlefield, Ohio...a complete coinsidence...small world...so beware, anyone could run in to me if you're so lucky! 8)

Was your chance meeting at a gay pride rally? :LOL:

Actually, the town the met in is kind of like Lancaster county! They were probably trolling for Amish! :oops:

After I quote the price for the job I tell the customer I require 50% up front to book the date. That's 50% of the whole job, then 50% after they are satisfied. I have heard no complaints yet on paying up front. Also I offer pricing teirs,
"full service"- set-up buffet style refill the line then clean up and get paid
"drop off only"- drop off the whole package deal including plates utencils, napkins etc, then come back the next day, clean up and get paid
"budget service"-they come by my house and pick it up full package, or whatever they want cooked
This lets them know upfront which price range they want to be in. It has been working so far for me, any suggestions or comments welcome as I have only been doing catering for s short time.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom