Lump charcoal prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry D.

Head Chef
I picked up a 20 pound bag of NatureGlo lump charcoal yesterday, from a local restaurant supply house. The last one I bought was $8 and change. Now, the price has gone over $12. Has anyone else seen such a sharp jump in prices?

No...prices are still better then KF here in Cleveland...I just bought 40lb of hardwood lump briquettes for $13.50 total...KF was $21 or so for 44 lbs

Lump is getting hard to find here. Safeway stopped carring it. Lowes does have Cowboy....bought a bag....it will be my last bag as I was not impressed. :roll:

Home Depot has Cowboy here but based on the crummy reviews, I've never even noted the price. I get this at True Value for my BGE, but it's $17/ 20# bag. I like it and NakedWhiz gave it a good review.

I'm doing my annual Kingsford stock up today. Lowes has two 18# bags for $9.97 ($0.277/#) and Home Depot has two 21.6# bags fro $13.97 ($0.323/#). Guess where I'm going? I find the staff at Lowes much more helpful and friendly anyway.

Ace hardware opened up a block from my house. They have cowboy lump, 20 lbs for $9.99. I have not used it, but I picked up a bag. Is this a good price?

Dont waste your time Big Ron. I used that stuff last week and it seemed to burn right up. It was my first time using lump and i was very unimpressed (pissed is more like it) at how fast it burned and how much it cost.

I am glad I only bought one bag. I have a cook-off next weekend I guess I will use it up then to get rid of it. Suprisingly HEB brand charcoal always burns good and long for me. I am not picky and I use special charcoal, that means whatever is on special!

Back
Top Bottom