Ever tried this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I had it at the local family owned steak house about a year ago and it rocked.
They coated the steak with a cajun spice mix and then grilled it. I am thinking of substituting the bleu cheese for Feta since I'm known as the Greek Texas by some folks... Oh.. BTW.. I'm the shop steward of the union too... ;)
Code:
Grilled Ribeye With Blue Cheese And Garlic Butter
CDKitchen [url]http://www.cdkitchen.com[/url]

Category: Rib Eye Steak
Serves/Makes: 2    |   Difficulty Level: 2    |   Ready In: < 30 minutes

Ingredients:

2 Ribeye steaks
4 tablespoons Butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon Garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Blue cheese

Directions:
Mix together the butter, garlic and blue cheese. Set aside. Grill the steaks to the desired temperature. Top the warm steaks with the butter. Serve immediately.

Had this a long time ago at a restaurant and totally forgot about it. Just emailed the wife and guess what I'm grilling up Friday night. Will probably stick with the blue cheese for this one but I bet the feta would taste great. Thanks for the idea and I'll post up some pics later.

Yum... I got everything to make it.. Will have to wait until Thursday though....Stay Tuned Folks!!!! :D

SSGT

There's an old thread here about blue cheese sauce on steak, and after the idea was planted, I saw it on a menu somewhere and tried it. I don't think I'll do it again. It was okay, but it took away from (rather than added to) the steak. IMO. YMMV.

--John

I am going to rub the steak with cajun seasoning and then grill it.. that should be like the chinese "sweet n sour" effect... It was killer at the local steak house down here... Greek owned and mesquite grilled, BTW.... :D

made these a long time ago....very good stuff!

NY Strips with Salt & Pepper

Was gunna use some Maytag Blue, but they were out. Settled for Gorgonzola

NY Strip topped with Gargonzola, Maine Lobster tail w/ gee, Baby Spinach, fresh Potuguesse roll.

I think a shot glass of butter should go with every meal. :LOL:

Didn't mean to threadjack...Like Pigs... was just trying to say to SS....

DO IT !
;)

SS, not sure about the feta though. Let us know how it turns out.

Yeah BC rocks on everything I love it on a salid its my favorite

lemon chive butter is also a great steak dippin sauce.... add garlic add ..........bacon grease add...................... :idea: :?:

I made the stuff and it was good.... the video is being converted... Thanks for the inputs!!! :D

I usually always have a blue or gorganzola cheese sauce with my steak or tuna. All I do is melt some with an equal part butter, a little lemon or lime and a few drops of habanero pepper sauce(don't worry, you can't taste the heat) Then just add a little to the top of the steak.

Who cares about those who think that it takes away from the 'flavor' of the steak.

I like to make a blue cheese sauce with worchsetershire. Mix it into a paste and put a spoonful, or more, on the steak.

Griff said:
I like to make a blue cheese sauce with worchsetershire. Mix it into a paste and put a spoonful, or more, on the steak.
Blue Cheese is for wings.... :twisted: not steaks guys...but mix some in with some ground chuck and some cajun seasoning for black and blue burgers. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom