Butts Rubbed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Just finished rubbing and wrapping 2 pork butts, total weight 16.99lb (guess we'll call it 17). Prepped both with a coat of Worsty Sauce then used Larry's Wolfe Rub on one and Texas BBQ Rub #1 on the other.

They went into the fridge at 3pm and will stay there until tomorrow night around 10pm for dinner around 4 or 5 on Monday. Wifey's making potato salad and a veggy salad that's to die for, I'll post the recipe tomorrow. I'm throwing some beans on the bottom grate of the WSM also.

Using Kamado Extruded Coconut for the cook with Hickory and Cherry. Trying out the new Smoke-Stik that BBQ Delight just came out with. Of course, progress reports and photos late Monday or early Tuesday.

Wedding tonight....open bar....LOOK OUT!!!!

Bruce...you wapped them in Saran wrap or...

Isn't that fuel supposed to burn forever?? I look forward to the progress reports and pics, of course! :!:

Have a good time at the wedding...have a Maker's for me :(

Yep, wrapped them both in plastic wrap and will re-rub before they go on the cooker. I doubt if they'll have Maker's but I'll throw a couple back for you.

UPDATE

Pulled the butts from the refrig and I'm letting them come up to temp until 9pm at which time they go on the cooker. Cooker's all set, charcoal chmaber not quite full of Kamado Extruded with three chunks of Hickory and two chunks of Cherry along with A smoke-stik puck, I'll make sure I get a pic of it.

Lighting the chimney at about 8:30 and hoping to be cooking by 9.

Pork butts and Pistons tonight....don't get any better.

UPDATE @ 12:15am

WSM humming along at 243 at the lid, butts @ 119 degrees.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom