Beef Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddog27

Sous Chef
I am going to smoke some beef ribs this weekend. I have not smoked them before so I thought I would ask, what rub do you use on beef ribs? Would you use your brisket rub, because they are beef? Or would you use a sweet rub because they are ribs? Any tips you can give me would be appreciated!
:antismile:

Use whatever rub you would normally use on beef. I normally do them as I would spares, smoke for about 3+ hours, foil for 45min - 1hr, then finish by cranking the heat up just a bit for about another hour. Beef ribs are pretty greasy and grisly, so you may want to cook for a bit longer after you take them out of the foil. Good luck and let us know how they turn out.

Captain Morgan said:
Wow, great link...so no foiling for you Jack?

What about your pork ribs?

F**L is a 4 letter word in these here parts!

Hogs yesterday, ribs today, I gonna have to start charging you rent! :razz: :razz:

One step at a time grasshopper!!! :!:

Good Q!

Jack

yeah I notice you don't even drink out of aluminum cans!

What are you doing for SOTM in September? cooking, judging, coming at all?

Captain Morgan said:
yeah I notice you don't even drink out of aluminum cans!

What are you doing for SOTM in September? cooking, judging, coming at all?

Is that Smoke on the Beach in Myrtle? Seems to me I gotta look to make sure it dosen't conflict with Bamberg. I think I'm gonna cook there. They do hog, shoulders, ribs,chicken halves,chili, sauce and anything Butt. Sept. 17 in Bamberg SC. Wanna help? Thats a bunch of cooking.

Good Q!

Jack

yeah I don't know what I was spelling there! wow Bamberg sounds like a lot of cooking! I'll have to see...doubt I can do 2 straight weeks.

Captain Morgan said:
yeah I don't know what I was spelling there! wow Bamberg sounds like a lot of cooking! I'll have to see...doubt I can do 2 straight weeks.

I could certainly use the help and your hog cooker. Myrtle is the week before? Maybe Finney wants to get in the game too!

Good Q!

Jack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom