Yankee Shrimp Boil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Ok I couldn’t wait any longer after seeing my Cajun friends doing their crawfish boils….I had to do something. I couldn’t get crawfish up here…..and I couldn’t’ get head on shrimp….that’s just the way it is…but I did get some shrimp and did up a low country boil with all the goodies, baby taters, garlic, onion, sausage, corn and da cauliflower and of course shrimp…man I gotta tell ya good eats for sure. The wife and D don’t really do hot stuff but it was funny watching them burn up, get drinks and eat more. MJ does pretty good with the heat but it lit him up some. Everyone is full and happy good dinner….and it will happen again this summer when JB sends me some more of the Boil mix. Thanks JB.

PS I did find out that I could get some cook crawfish tails up here….any good recipes for those?

That still looks and smells good from here!!! I have many questions, but will ask them later..... :LOL: j/k

SS

Looks like low country boil to me and I love to do it. In NY, you could always through in a few lobsters :D :D . I like to toss in a few crab legs - the wifes favorite. Good eats even in the snow.

The boys have been bugging me to get a fresh lobster and cook it at home....If I do I'm going to get a ferret collar for it and walk it in the house :LOL:
Thanks for the help JB Ron and TK.

The rice farmers around here have figgured out that they can grow crawfish as well as rice in the same field.

That looks good wittdog. Gettin hungry for crawfish now. ;)

Smoked sausge just boiled.
I put the boil mix in the water mixed it up then added, one whole onion skin on, two whole head of garlic, 3 lemons cut in half and juiced, the new taters, sausage. The sausage was smoked Polish cut into 3 in pieces. Brought that to a boil let it boil for 20 min.
Then I added the corn and cauliflower (which I wrapped in a cheese cloth to keep all togheter….the cauliflower was awesome but be careful it really takes on the spices), and I added some celery at this point. I let this come to a boil and it boiled for about 10 min.
Then I tossed in the shrimp and let it boil for 3 min. cut the heat off and let the shrimp soak for 20 min. We served this with melted butter, cocktail sauce and French bread.

I think you got it right dude. Many seafood stores have frozen crawdads in with the cabinet of frozen clams, crabs, etc. The bad thing is many of them come from China.
Where did you buy the sausage? :LOL:

If you liked that, you will love this also.

New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp

4 lbs Gulf Shrimp (or 13-15/lb. size tigers)
1 lb butter
1 cup olive oil
4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground thyme
4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp ground oregano
1 tsp ground basil
2 tsp paprika
6 tsp crushed garlic
2 tsp ground rosemary
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Tabasco sauce
2 tsp Liquid smoke
1 tsp lemon juice
3 bay leaves (finely crushed)
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley

Rinse shrimp and drain. Spread out in a shallow baking pan.
Combine remaining ingredients in sauce pan over low heat until butter is melted. Pour over shrimp. Marinate for several hours (or overnight), turning and basting several times.
Bake at 325 F until shrimp turn pink, turning every 10 minutes for even cooking (cook no more than 30 minutes).
Serve in deep bowls with crusty French baguettes to soak up the yummy sauce.

Notes: I peel the shrimp first myself. I also serve hot steamed rice for those that want their shrimp on top. Something really sweet seems just right after this!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom