Bought some JB equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Got this last night to make Cow Guts aka Tripas.
2110406d.jpg

Tripas??? Thats a jambalaya pot Boy. Are you sure you aint part Texan?
Must be that mexican air you been breathin ;)

surfinsapo said:
Got this last night to make Cow Guts aka Tripas.
2110406d.jpg

I almost bought a large cauldron this winter. Brunswick Stew is big here in Virginia ( BTW the official home of Brunswich Stew :twisted: ) and I have entertained the notion of learning how to cook it for some time now.

When I was looking a source for the pots, I found a lot a Wiccan organizations associated with it. Interesting association that I did not expect to find.

Apparently in colonial times a large pot was a universal appliance that did many household chores other than cooking food. It would see duty making soap, dying clothes, in addition to cooking.

surfinsapo said:
I was going to order a few of these "
CajunWok " but i don't have enough friends to carry them for me....
:LOL:

I have a buddy who built his own big pot using a 24 inch shedule 40 pipe caps :shock: He welded on legs & rings for the carrying hooks.
Works just fine too, & it aint gonna never crack.
The main thing about cast iron is that it holds heat for a long time. Sk 40 steel pipe does too.

007bond-jb said:
surfinsapo said:
I was going to order a few of these "
CajunWok " but i don't have enough friends to carry them for me....
:LOL:

I have a buddy who built his own big pot using a 24 inch shedule 40 pipe caps :shock: He welded on legs & rings for the carrying hooks.
Works just fine too, & it aint gonna never crack.
The main thing about cast iron is that it holds heat for a long time. Sk 40 steel pipe does too.
Yall SLa folks have good cookin stuff and I want all of them!!! ..BYW JB... I will be makin a batch of "Jambalaya" too... ;)

007bond-jb said:
Tripas??? Thats a jambalaya pot Boy. Are you sure you aint part Texan?
JB I bought one of these about 10 years ago and loaned it out about 2 years ago and have not got it back. When I saw SS post I called my fine buddy and he called me back and said some had stolen it. Now ain't that some s#1t.

Tannehill Kid said:
[quote="007bond-jb":heferxee]Tripas??? Thats a jambalaya pot Boy. Are you sure you aint part Texan?
JB I bought one of these about 10 years ago and loaned it out about 2 years ago and have not got it back. When I saw SS post I called my fine buddy and he called me back and said some had stolen it. Now ain't that some s#1t.[/quote:heferxee]

:LOL: Yea, he stole it. :eek:

So when is he going to replace it? And if he doesn't, he's no "friend". Then I'd take him to court! That's why I don't barrow things because if something happens I have to go buy a new one and then I still don't have one! :roll:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
So when is he going to replace it? And if he doesn't, he's no "friend". Then I'd take him to court! That's why I don't barrow things because if something happens I have to go buy a new one and then I still don't have one! :roll:
You and I feel the same on the borrowing things. He called last night and ask how much one would cost and he would bring me the money today. I told him that would be okay. We will see. :roll:

Tannehill Kid said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":2mttcdkx]So when is he going to replace it? And if he doesn't, he's no "friend". Then I'd take him to court! That's why I don't barrow things because if something happens I have to go buy a new one and then I still don't have one! :roll:
You and I feel the same on the borrowing things. He called last night and ask how much one would cost and he would bring me the money today. I told him that would be okay. We will see. :roll:[/quote:2mttcdkx]
I sincerely hope it works out. Things do happen and there is only a few (life long) friends that I will loan things too, but if I need it and have to go get it, your off the list. ;) Old school rules here. I tell ya man, if I barrow something from ya and tell you " I'll get it back to you tonight or the next day," it's gospel. As it should be!

I don't borrow from friends.. I go out and buy one for myself. Never loan $$$ to a friend.. Just give it to them. BTW.. My Jambalaya pot gets here in the morning!!!! Yippee Yahoo.. I can feed up to 32 cajuns or 10 Texans with it.. Can't wait yall.... :D

I showed up to a jambalaya cook-off one time with an el-cheapo pot that I thought was just the right thing. Didn't have a fricken clue how to do REAL jambalaya(that was 10 years ago.) The guy next to me had a pot that I liked so I axed him where he got it. He said it was 35 years old and his daddy passed it down.

The bottom of the pot was almost mirror smooth from all the cooking done on it over the years.

Bottom line: I got waxed big time!!

Back
Top Bottom