Sunday Snow Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
Well Smokers are all dug out food is prepped and we are off to having a good start to Sunday's cook.

ABT's, Ribs, Pineapple cake and whatever else i can rustle up for dinner. Maybe some beans.

Is that 4th pic a joke? OMG that's way way too much snow!! Kudos to you for cooking and to whoever dug out your smokers!!

Food looks like it is going to be great!

That would be HUGE kudos to my hubby. He digs out everything around the house while we stay all snuggled and warm inside. He rocks.

Ahhh just like Christmas opening up a new bag of Smokinlicious Cherry Chunks. Chimney started, Vlado filling up the hopper with some pellets. It smells sooooooooooo good in my backyard. I love the smell of Basques Charcoal . Ahh.

Everthing looks great..I could be there by 6:LOL:
I love that smokinlicous Cherry wood...that stuff is awsome...
I still think you should let Vlado get the credit he's do...and let him cook

Was that never and no..a no way you can be there by 6 :LOL:
One day the truth will come out that Vlado is the man behind the Diva :LOL:

Ok Dinner is done. Ribs sucked so bad I am surprised that the pork board of Ontario didn't turn up and ban me from ever cooking anything pork again.

Made some red beans and rice to go with the ribs and some veggies.

Forgot to take a pic of the cake. It was good.

Unity said:
What didn't you like about the ribs, Danielle? Everything looks good.

--John

They may have looked good but they were not good.

The texture was just plain wrong. Just the mouth feel was awful. And then there was very little smoke ring. Next to no smoke flavour Then the sauce and glaze flavours were way off. They just sucked real bad. If it wasn't for the fact we were trying out 3 new sauces and it was my teammates John and Louisa who came to dinner I would never ever have served them I would be too ashamed. Back to the drawing board. I need practice.

wittdog said:
Diva did you cook the ribs hotter/cooler than normal?

We did two batches some on the traeger and some on the WSm. The ones on the WSm ran a bit hot. The ones on the Traeger were normal temps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom