Busy morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry D.

Head Chef
NOTE: since I don't have pics, I really didn't do any of this.

I ended up with 3 thawed butts, weighing a total of almost 25 pounds, and decided I didn't want to cook them all. So last night I put the biggest two on the smoker (rubbed with Wolfe Rub Original) about 9:00 p.m. They got done about 11:15 this morning, so I took them out, foiled them, and put them in a small cooler. While they were resting I mixed up some spices, cut the third butt up (about 7.4 lbs), and ground it into sausage. Once that was done, and I had cleaned up, then I pulled the butts. Now everything is in the refrigerator. I still need to give the sausage a good mixing to make sure the spices are evenly distributed, but once that's done all I'll have to do is vacuum bag the pulled pork, and divide the sausage into one-pound rolls.

I'm sure glad this is so much fun. Otherwise I might mistake it for work. :D

Awe man| The way I look at it is a bad day with the pit is better than a good day at work. Except when my weed burner caught on fire with me last Sunday night.

It would have been great to see pics of everything you didn't do. ;)
TK you caught yourself on fire? :shock:

I guess the fitting from the hose to the torch was leaking and it caught on fire and burned all the hair off my arms :oops: Skin was a little red for a few days. Wife saw it when it happen and scared the crap out of her. Didn't tell her how bad it scared me :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom