BBQ Beef , New Toy, maybe a surprise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
saw these chucks on sale....great price, you guys have had me itching to do some pulled beef, so here we go....first run with my new guru too.

but look at this one.....is this a chuck roast? or a rib roast that got
mislabeled? hmmmmmmmmmmm ....did I get lucky for once?

WRB is great on beef

digi Q 2

Captain Morgan said:
Dave what do you think that cut of meat is?

Send it down here when ya finished I'll let ya know,
Looks like meat :roll:

I call it a chuck....I don't think the muscle in the middle doens't look big enough to be a ribeye....
but then again WTF do I know :LOL:

Captain Morgan said:
ok....thought I got lucky but it'll still be good.
Try to stay sober enought to get the finished pics...I'm not cooking anything this weekend...and its driving me crazy...

Looking good cappy! Let me know what you think of that digiq? I wanted to pull the trigger on it and upgrade from my guru but I don't have the $ as of right now!

never had a guru, so this is my first one...so far I'm liking it a lot.
I'm running my Maverick with it to get a good idea of how it
performs..so far, it's flawless. Big GQ got one recently and
talked me into...it's holding damn steady.

Looking great Cappy!!

I will have my Digi Q hopefully by next weekend!

Hey guys if anyone is interested, I can get you a Digi Q with 10CFM Pit Viper Fan and WSM adaptor for $188.50 but you have to let me know before noon tomorrow. That price include shipping. If you need a different adaptor the price would go up a little but no more than $7. E-mail me at wolferub@gmail.com if you are interested!

Larry Wolfe said:
Looking great Cappy!!

Hey guys if anyone is interested, I can get you a Digi Q with 10CFM Pit Viper Fan and WSM adaptor for $188.50 but you have to let me know before noon tomorrow. That price include shipping. If you need a different adaptor the price would go up a little but no more than $7. E-mail me at wolferub@gmail.com if you are interested!

So I guess having a Feb 28th deadline means nothing to you? :roll:

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Looking great Cappy!!

So I guess having a Feb 28th deadline means nothing to you? :roll:

Why do you hate me so? I'm trying to umm.... nevermind you just don't understand....... :cry:

Captain Morgan said:
but look at this one.....is this a chuck roast? or a rib roast that got
mislabeled? hmmmmmmmmmmm ....did I get lucky for once?

Jim I asked a butcher buddy of min and sent him your pick and here is his reply.

"It's either a 1st cut Chuck or a last cut Rib, hard to tell at that angle, but it will make great beef sammies"

Back
Top Bottom