Needed to re-stock the freezer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
So I did a couple of picnics. Started with 2 bone in picnics totaling 18.73 lbs. Lets see how good you guys are at guessing the finished yield. I'll post that picture later today.
I rubbed these bad boys down with a layer of Wolfe Rub Original, then a layer of my rub. Just before I threw them on, I rubbed them with a little of Big Rons regular and heat mixed together. The end result was really good.

Cliff H. said:
Was that enough wood for the whole cook Nick ? Did you have to add any wood later on ?

I say 12 lb also.

That was enough RO to last the whole cook. The guru was going steady at 5:30 this morning when the meat was done. There was enough coals left to fire it up full steam ahead to clean the grills after cooking! I used about 3/4 of a bag of RO. The cook took 13 hours.

Scotty, your the winner! I was real careful about what was good and what wasn't. Despite my best efforts, I only yielded 7 3/4 pounds.

The skin alone, coming off before they went on was probably a pound total. Then the bones, these guys have two large bones each, then what breaks down. The fat I took out while pulling amounted to nothing. Next time I'm gonna try butts and see how much they yield.

Nick Prochilo said:
Scotty, your the winner! I was real careful about what was good and what wasn't. Despite my best efforts, I only yielded 7 3/4 pounds.

The skin alone, coming off before they went on was probably a pound total. Then the bones, these guys have two large bones each, then what breaks down. The fat I took out while pulling amounted to nothing. Next time I'm gonna try butts and see how much they yield.

You don't eat skin and bones???? No wonder your yield is so low. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :roll:

Back
Top Bottom