Busy Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Well it’s been a busy morning so far..I rolled bed at 6:30am WTF was I thinking..Fired up the WSM

I’ve got two butts on the bottom grate…3 fatties and the left over butt bones on the top.

Then we mixed up 15lbs of Smoked Polish and Stuffed and placed in the smokehouse.

Now its time to clean up some…breakfast..take mj to swimming lessons and then crank out 10lbs of fresh polish and 10lbs of Italian sausage.
We are a man down...D is sick today...

Nick Prochilo said:
Keep them coming Dave! Tell D I hope he feels better!
D says thanks....
MJ stepped up big time...he might have a future in the sausage making business.

Can't wait to see how it turns out. What did you do to the fatties. I've gotten intrested in fatties. Want to learn different ways people are fixing them. What's that ice stuff about.

Tannehill Kid said:
Can't wait to see how it turns out. What did you do to the fatties. I've gotten intrested in fatties. Want to learn different ways people are fixing them. What's that ice stuff about.
With everything else going I we just kept it simple...rolled them in rub.

Man Witt, looks great! I saw your video and stuff on making the smoked polish sausage, do you have any info up on the fresh? Fresh polish sausage is one of my favorites.

Gomer said:
Man Witt, looks great! I saw your video and stuff on making the smoked polish sausage, do you have any info up on the fresh? Fresh polish sausage is one of my favorites.
With the fresh you just omit the cure and the Soy protien.

Reicpe link
All finished up.http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12790
10lbs Italian sausage, I cut back on the amount of garlic….most recipes don’t call for garlic but I like it in my Italian sausage, I think I was using to much.

Da Fatties and bones

10lbs of Italian

Fresh Polish

I tossed two links of each on the WSM…I know they will taste better tomarrow after the spices get happy but I couldn’t wait.

I’ve got the 2nd pan of wood on the smoked in the smokehouse….and the WSM has been chugging along nicely. Time for another pop with da foam on top.
That new grinder and the bucket stuffer make sausage making so much easier…time to start looking at a 15lb bucket stuffer….

The taste sausage are done…Pretty Dam Good IMHO

I also cut a chunk of pepparoni off…still needs a while to go…

One more degree to go on the smoked sausage….It’s looking good…then it’s a cold water bath and a few hours to bloom. I got some nice color on this batch.

Butts are coming along nicely as well.

This ole dog gets a case of butts and you can't keep him under the porch. Worked poor D till he had to hide in bed. :LOL:
Nice load of eats. I did a big batch one time (not as big as yours) and though, whoa, you old fart, take it more easy.
Does the black dog really get his bones smoked?
If the weather was nicer, I would think of running the bike up for a taste test.
Get better D !!!

Just as everything was finishing up..it started to snow like crazy…

Yeah I've been know to pick up some beef bones and smoke for old magic...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom