Hand wash station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
It looks like I'm going ahead with backyard catering. I'm trying to meet requirements of the state for a license. What are you guys doing to meet the "hand wash station"? Hot water source? Gray water catch? What actual wash basin used?
I'm trying to keep this to a minimal thing for storage, weight, cost, and hassle.

Check with your local goons. Every one is different. I've had to go get a small electric water heater, stainless hand sink, 3 bay sink with drainboards, a 30 gal gray water tank, food grade RV hoses, back flow prevention valve, ... :roll:

I use Frederica the world famous grand prize winning wannabe Roach Coach (formerly and still partially a 20' Ford Leprechan MH). There is a 3 hole commercial SS sink which sits where the couch used to be and a 5' SS work table where the dinete used to sit. Counting the double SS kitchen sink which come with it and the bathroom sink..that is 5 sinks. Hot water comes from firing up the propane water heater and the fresh..grey..and black water tanks also come with it. Have Also a big bed over the cab which is mo comfortable than my bed at home. Now health goods dont like that bed stuff. They make you take out the mattress is they see it. Makes a great place to store stuff when you aint sleeping in it.

bigwheel

Yea Bruce, I noticed your jeans at the "Jack". Wasn't Bubba wiping his hands there too? :shock:
A guy that has a hotdog cart outside the Court House I work at showed me his setup. He also builds the carts for $3k. Had a nice self contained pressurized water system (gas heat, elect pump), fresh and gray water. Nice rig but pricey and more than I want to get into.
Was thinking of a sink set in a 3x3' counter top over a waste water barrel. Dip hot water to it from a pot in the pit warmer. Probably too red neck for the food Nazis.

Heard it rumored that up around here for temporary events a person can get by with 3 pickle buckets dishpans etc...one with soapy water..one with bleach water..and one with clear water for rinsing. That should work.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Heard it rumored that up around here for temporary events a person can get by with 3 pickle buckets dishpans etc...one with soapy water..one with bleach water..and one with clear water for rinsing. That should work.

bigwheel

That is what I may propose to the inspector (submitted drawing plan) and see how it flies.

Yes, but that is a "dish wash" set-up. I am required to have hot water (which I heat on the nose burners on the pit and then dump into an Igloo water cooler,) paper towels, a small covered trash can (to dispose of the paper towels,) and a plastic tub below to catch the grey water.

Rag said:
Yea Bruce, I noticed your jeans at the "Jack". Wasn't Bubba wiping his hands there too? :shock:
A guy that has a hotdog cart outside the Court House I work at showed me his setup. He also builds the carts for $3k. Had a nice self contained pressurized water system (gas heat, elect pump), fresh and gray water. Nice rig but pricey and more than I want to get into.
Was thinking of a sink set in a 3x3' counter top over a waste water barrel. Dip hot water to it from a pot in the pit warmer. Probably too red neck for the food Nazis.

You are lucky, I have seen hip wipe his mouth on Bruce's pants!!!! :roll:

Woodman said:
Rag said:

You are lucky, I have seen hip wipe his mouth on Bruce's pants!!!! :roll:

At least he's not using a goat or a sheep. :? :shock:

You are lucky, I have seen hip wipe his mouth on Bruce's pants!!!! :roll:[/quote]

At least he's not using a goat or a sheep. :? :shock:[/quote]

I think I'd opt to the goat or sheep :(

I like the igloo deal a lot woodman. Straight forward and simple.
The Guru station is nice, but pricey at 4 to 5 c-notes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom