Chuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Chuck is darn near $3.00 a pound around here. Must be a NY thing, looking good.

Pigs of you have a Sams they have been doing chuck rolls for around 2.24/lb

Never saw one under 16lbs but who cares..it saves as well as pork...and goes faster here than the pork

This thread is reminding me that the freezer is down to one meal-size bag of chuck. :( Time to start watching for specials.

--John
(And I've only got one jar left of WRB. Time to start watching for specials. :P)

From the look of the moisture content I would say you done good.

I have never found chuck to be fork tender at 200. It always seems to have to stay on for another hour or so after reaching that temp.

from the pic, it looks like you chopped it.

You got me wondering if pulling early and chopping may help the roast maintain moisture content better.

Chuck goes from tender to dry real easy unless you sauce it.

Cliff H. said:

I have never found chuck to be fork tender at 200. It always seems to have to stay on for another hour or so after reaching that temp.

You got me wondering if pulling early and chopping may help the roast maintain moisture content better.

I've always had good results taking it out at 200-205, foiling, and resting it several hours in the cooler. Comes out perfectly moist, pulls easily, tastes great.

--John
(Didn't mention that chuck loves WRB. WRB's the reason we let Larry hang out here.)

Unity said:
Cliff H. said:

I've always had good results taking it out at 200-205, foiling, and resting it several hours in the cooler. Comes out perfectly moist, pulls easily, tastes great.

--John
(Didn't mention that chuck loves WRB. WRB's the reason we let Larry hang out here.)

John is exactly right, a long rest and cooling before pulling is very important and will give you great results everytime! Patience is also important, cause chucks can be stubborn but they won't come off my smoker until they pass the fork test!

I agree John, Wolfe Rub Bold rocks on Chuck Roasts!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom