Brisket Time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Got a 13lb brisket that went on the WSM at 7am this morning...temp outside 7º.

Prepped last night, slathered with a little Worsty sauce and I used a combo of two rubs; Billy Bones Beef Master and SwineSyndicate.

Using 2 chunks of oak and 2 chunks of apple wood with Kingsford Briquettes.
Cooking at 250ish at the top grate.

All ready for a long day in the smoke.

After 5 hours.

Making Bill Cannon's potatoes from the Texas BBQ Rub Forum and a Chocolate/Hazlenut Tart from a recipe by Giada DiLaurentis. Posting both in the recipe section. More pics to follow.

It's warmed all the way up to 14º.

Update on the brisket...internal temp up to 167º, WSM holding steady at 248º.

Here's the chocolate/hazlenut tart fresh from the oven.

At 3:30 the temp of the meat was 179º so I pulled it and foiled, the first two pics are just prior to foiling the 3rd pic is the brisket right after I pulled it at 195º, and separated the point and put that back on for burnt ends. Flat is resting comfortably in the cooler. Awesome flavor and very tender...more to follow after dinner at 7ish.

Here's the final pics guys:

Good job Bruce. You are providing an excellent example for our climate challenged members (that's politically correct talk for whimps).

Looks like you are off to a good start.
I'm inspired...picked up a flat and a couple of butts for sausagemaking today.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Very nice job on that brisket Bruce. Does the meat taste better when you cut it with the grain? ;)

Kinda like dental floss? ;) It looks real good Bruce
I sliced that way a few times too

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":16s7mfuv]Very nice job on that brisket Bruce. Does the meat taste better when you cut it with the grain? ;)

Kinda like dental floss? ;) It looks real good Bruce
I sliced that way a few times too
[/quote:16s7mfuv]

Were you drinking too much too JB? Thats what happened to Bruce.
18.gif

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Very nice job on that brisket Bruce. Does the meat taste better when you cut it with the grain? ;)
You can get away with it when your brisket is as tender as bruces was.

Puff said:
Looked great Bruce.
Where'd you find the packer?

Puff; I got the packer at Restaurant Depot, however, the Super WalMart out here carries them now on a regular basis and they don't look too bad either.

Green Hornet said:
Tell me more bout them taters! :?

The taters are a recipe from texasbbqrub forum, I posted the recipe and I used a recipe conversion software to quarter the recipe. They are really good, the color comes from whatever BBQ rub you use, the recipe calls for Texas BBQ Rub, but you could use whatever you want. The rub I used tended to be more reddish in color and hence it tinted the spuds.

Bruce B said:
Puff said:
Looked great Bruce.
Where'd you find the packer?

Puff; I got the packer at Restaurant Depot, however, the Super WalMart out here carries them now on a regular basis and they don't look too bad either.
Sweet, thanks ;)

Back
Top Bottom