This host...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I don't remember if I have posted this or not, but I have been getting a number of emails and PM's from folks here telling me about the overall "unreliable" service ipower has given us!

I am aware of this and I feel your pain to a large degree! I am trying to contact the sales and support teams to see if I can get a refund. If I can then we will be moving YET AGAIN.

As I have stated in the past, the server space business is shady at best. And customer service is poor at best...at least with most companies that do this.

So, if you have a site and want to throw your hosts name in the ring then I will be happy to take suggestions and look in to it. If I do not get a refund from ipower then we will have to stay here. There is one final alternative but I would rather not have to take that road at this point!

Thanks for your understanding and patients!

Greg

Got off the phone with I-power. Looks like they will prorate the package! I need to get one more backup of my siles off their server and then I am going to cancel the host.

Getting a back-up is proving difficult as I cannot stay connected long enough to grab everything! :cry:

Ask the other board admins who they are using Greg. TxbbqRub moved last year. The Brethren forum has been using the same host for a while I think.

after yesterday I was willing to pony up some cash to
change immediately...good work on getting pro-rated.
If there are additional costs, I will still contribute.

Captain Morgan said:
after yesterday I was willing to pony up some cash to

Me too Greg, whatever it takes to get the board to run right!

Well, the problem is not knowing how the other places will ACTUALLY function! Everone looks great and promises the world...

I am backing up the public folder right now...seems to be working for the moment.

There has been a cancel request (put in by me) for this coming Friday. Which means that when you go to find the site it will nto show up. I hope to at least have found a new host by that point but I will need to wait to get the refund first before I can actually buy the new space...which could be 5 days. Which means along time off between refund and new site propogation and the the re-install of the forum. :roll: But quite honestly this host has been killing me and I am willing to wait however long it takes this time and try to get a host partner who is reliable...I hope you all are as well!

Hopefully this will be the last switch for a long time!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":1neqyz8h]after yesterday I was willing to pony up some cash to

Me too Greg, whatever it takes to get the board to run right![/quote:1neqyz8h]
+1

--John
(means I'll add a dollar ;) )

Greg, The host were I put the fishing forum was having issues like we are experiencing on bbq central.. I rold them that their "mysql" server was act up and they fixed it. They said it had many duplicate connections that were making it act strange. They blocked certain ip#'s and it's lightning fast now....
Thought this might help out...

SSapo

Greg Rempe said:
Well, the problem is not knowing how the other places will ACTUALLY function! Everone looks great and promises the world...

I am backing up the public folder right now...seems to be working for the moment.

There has been a cancel request (put in by me) for this coming Friday. Which means that when you go to find the site it will nto show up. I hope to at least have found a new host by that point but I will need to wait to get the refund first before I can actually buy the new space...which could be 5 days. Which means along time off between refund and new site propogation and the the re-install of the forum. :roll: But quite honestly this host has been killing me and I am willing to wait however long it takes this time and try to get a host partner who is reliable...I hope you all are as well!

Hopefully this will be the last switch for a long time!

I'm not complaining at all, I'm behind you on any decisions you make....

but just wondering...any plans in place if BBQ Central is down and
out at the time for the "Frozen Few"????

I will get a refund so no worries...and I might be looking for just a month to month for now until I can confirm that the service is good.

Thanks for the offers guys! If I need you I will let you know. But the kill has been put in for Friday this coming...I hate it here and quite frankly I don't think it is helping me by staying up and here at the same time...ya know?!?! :D

Captain Morgan said:
it's definately causing a loss of participation, and maybe membership.

Absolutely. This has been driving me crazy, I do not need any help going there. Count me in if you need some $ help.

I believe I am going to make a back up of this database tomorrow and just down it...!!!!!

12pm EST this forum DIES!

Back
Top Bottom