All this spatchcock talk......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
....got me excited! :oops: So I spatchcocked a chicken, marinated it in Goya Mojo marinade then rubbed it down with Wittdogs rub! Threw it on the grill, covered with a cookie sheet and 2 bricks.

I also found 3 steaks in the freezer and grilled them just before 1/2 time. These were rubbed down with fajita rub sent to me by sapo! Good stuff.

I also found our old bread machine last week and I have been playing around with it. I thought it took a $hit last night, but after a little tlc this morning, I brought it back to life. I made a loaf of Raisin Bran bread to go with dinner.

Not a bad little 1/2 time meal and the second 1/2 of the game was great! Lets go Giants!

Bowhnter2 said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo Threw it on the grill, covered with a cookie sheet and 2 bricks.

I have not seen this before so am curious :?: Were you cooking direct or inderect, and at what temps?
I assume it is to hold heat and crisp skin/cook from top too.[/quote]

Helps to cook the bad boy a bit faster. That 5 lb bird was done in 40 minutes. The cook was half direct, 1/2 indirect. Cooking temp was around 350*.

Back
Top Bottom