question for Larry Wolfe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampsauce

Sous Chef
Larry did you take the the breast bones out in your Spatchcock Chicken you cooked the other night? You got me inspired so I've got a couple on the FE now, and I'm starting to second guess the myself for removing the breast bone. Thanks, Tim

I'm not Larry, he is the ugly one, but I never take out the breast bone. Just cut out the back bone and break it so it lays flat. Or even go ahead and cut it in half.

I kinda thought that after he flopped around when I put him on the smoker.Thanks, Tim

Spatchcock = taking the back bone out of the bugger....and the slicing that little cartilage thingy a bit to crack the breast...and as far as I'm concerned...it's the only way to do whole chickies! ;)

You ever play around with Rotessing them yard birds? I cooked a few of em spatchcocked back before they had a noun or verb to to describe the process. The term still seems a little risque to me. Of Germanic origins most likely. Dont sound like anything the Frog Eating Frenchies would come up with..slightly too guttural. Don't think it hold a candle to them fortunant whole barnyard avian critters which has been propaly rotessed. Now for the cat's meow twirl em fully split in a clamp basket. Now that is some good grazings. Make a person chunk rocks at that spatchcocked stuff.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
I cooked a few of em spatchcocked back before they had a noun or verb to to describe the process. The term still seems a little risque to me. Of Germanic origins most likely. bigwheel

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/spatch.htm Says it may be 18 th century Irish, so you've sure been BBQing for quite a while! :LOL:

Yeppers..been cooking bbq since old Shep was just a pup. Thanks for the link. Tell that fella to turn em breastes down and they come out a lot mo betta. Took me years to convince Emeril on that deal but he finally came around. Gave up on trying to help Bobby Flay and still trying to find my girlfriend and his ex..aka Jackie Moufloaf. Now I know that is Lebanese. Still can't believe that red headed goose kicked her outta bed for eating crackers. That just aint right. He bound to be a homo sapien of some sort. She is nearly cuter than my other girlfriend...Rachel Ray.

bigwheel

Greg Rempe said:
Spatchcock = taking the back bone out of the bugger....and the slicing that little cartilage thingy a bit to crack the breast...and as far as I'm concerned...it's the only way to do whole chickies! ;)

Greg, i'm convinced of that now! Very even temps in breast and thighs. Boneless breast turned out ok. Real easy to seperate the peices, and the out-laws were able to eat with a knife and fork, so they were happy. I will cook again. Tim

Greg Rempe said:

It's called a "keel" Greggy!

Tim sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I was out of town finishing up stuff for my dad.

I do it the same way Ron described!

Once you place it on the grill, put a cookie sheet over it and weigh the cookie sheet down with a couple of bricks. It cooks faster than a microwave!

Nick Prochilo said:
Once you place it on the grill, put a cookie sheet over it and weigh the cookie sheet down with a couple of bricks. It cooks faster than a microwave!

You're dead on about hte NukeQue, but as far as the brick thing goes........I've seen and heard about that but if you cut the keel bone correctly you don't need to weight the bird down.

bigwheel said:
Yeppers..been cooking bbq since old Shep was just a pup. Thanks for the link. Tell that fella to turn em breastes down and they come out a lot mo betta. Took me years to convince Emeril on that deal but he finally came around. Gave up on trying to help Bobby Flay and still trying to find my girlfriend and his ex..aka Jackie Moufloaf. Now I know that is Lebanese. Still can't believe that red headed goose kicked her outta bed for eating crackers. That just aint right. He bound to be a homo sapien of some sort. She is nearly cuter than my other girlfriend...Rachel Ray.

bigwheel

Rachel did some things with me and a chicken that would blow your mind. Get to know her real good and maybe she'll show you. The part with the feathers is, well..........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom