Franklin, Pa contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
Anybody hear if Franklin is going to have a contest? Nothing is posted on KCBS or MABA schedules.

This was a post on a Canadian BBQ forum from last August, I haven't heard anything new since then though.

It was posted by the Frying Pan team:

SMOKE ON THE ALLEGHENY in Franklin, Pa. will fly again. We had a wrapup meeting last night and the sponsoring organizations were very happy and want to make it an annual event. Once we set on a date July or early Aug. we will announce it on the forum. We want to check with KCBS and Canada to make sure we don't conflict with an event in Canada or near us. I passed on all comments we received and several things will be added or changed to make it different. The judging tent will be moved closer to the cookers. Teams will be added on the grass across from where the cookers were this year to make it closer and so the public doesn t have to walk as far, that area has been wired and water added for camping. a porta john will be added near the end of cookers row. we need to attract at least 25 teams next year to make it a qualifier for a draw at the jack daniels and this should also up the prize money. they also are talking of dropping sunday and making it a friday and saturday event, with allowing set up on a thursday. I want to thank all our Canadian friends for their support and hope to see all of you, and more, next year. thanks again fran and judy fry, the frying pan

You may want to try and contact them and see what's new.

http://www.fransfryingpan.com/

I contacted frypan and it's on for sure..he thought the date was July 11-12....but don't quote him on that.

wittdog said:
I contacted frypan and it's on for sure..he thought the date was July 11-12....but don't quote him on that.

You just did. :roll:

I heard the same thing. Dayton comp is supposedly the same weekend. At $4/gallon...I'll be in Franklin being miserable with Witt. ;)

wittdog said:
I contacted frypan and it's on for sure..he thought the date was July 11-12 ....but don't quote him on that.

Well if thats the case then there is NO reason NOT to come down to VA on July 18, 19. ;)

Bill The Grill Guy said:
wittdog said:
I contacted frypan and it's on for sure..he thought the date was July 11-12 ....but don't quote him on that.

Well if thats the case then there is NO reason NOT to come down to VA on July 18, 19. ;)
We only do sanctioned events :P
I need to see what my vacation schedule looks like among other things.....

wittdog said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:
wittdog said:

We only do sanctioned events :P
I need to see what my vacation schedule looks like among other things.....

I'll sanction it....... "This event is RAG sanctioned"[/size]
There, now get your ass down there.

Rolling Smoke said:
[quote="Uncle Bubba":336s615c]
wittdog said:

You just did. :roll:

I heard the same thing. Dayton comp is supposedly the same weekend. At $4/gallon...I'll be in Franklin being miserable with Witt. ;)

Nope, the Dayton comp is July 18 & 19 and our gas is under $3 a gallon here so just put enough in your tank to get here then filler up before you leave. ;)[/quote:336s615c]

Let me rephrase that...DIESEL is almost $4/gallon and since it is a different weekend, I plan on attending barring any catering I may book between now and then. Catering has to be worth it or I won't do it.

Boy , you guys are sure optimistic regarding gas prices. Remember, you heard it here first? GAS WILL BE $ 3.75 to $4.25 /GALLON BY JULY 4TH!!!!! It will recede in the fall (election time and Retail shopping season) and then go over $ 4.00 permanently by this time next year on its way to $5.00/gallon. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE GUYS!!!!!!!!

I agree. There will be lots of boats and RV's parked and for sale. We are in so much trouble because of this it's not even close to being funny. Best of all...we are accepting it but what the hell else are we going to do? I'm waiting for the truckers to pull together and shut things down. Something has to happen.

We are seriously considering Franklin this year..might be just for the party..We did the mapquest thing and got 4 Franklins..anyone know what county its in ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom